The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Which are the best halls at MMU Manchester? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Oxford Court is excellent, I spent my first year there, a lot more social then you'd think but the ensuite and smaller numbers gives better privacy and a more 'Uni' feel about things I felt. Would recommend to all, I just hate sharing toilets/bathrooms though as there's always one who never cleans them and stuff, disgusting
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 21
Lol even i started to change my options, an en-suite is probly better as like some of my mates are staying and leeds met so if they wanted to come up and see my i can just buy a cheap air bed matress from argos so there is enough room for em to crash at mine, also theirs more room to play xbox and stuff it be crap playing it in a box bed room and i think its victoria halls where the lounge attually looks well nice with a carpet the lounge in cambridge halls looks like a school canteen
Reply 22
yeah this thread is just hall talk so just write down your thoughts.

Mine gonna be.

Briarfields
cambridge
oxford court
victoria
Reply 23
Briarfields ensuite
Oxford Court ensuite (not to sure because some of my facebook friends complain about there being mice :eek:)
Daisy Bank
Cambridge
Why don't you go to Manchester University?
Reply 25
Original post by MorttheFlort
Why don't you go to Manchester University?

Becuase they dont do some courses that MMU offer and their is a 75 million pound business school so its a nicer place to study. But mainly becuase stupid people like you from UoM ask stupid questions like this.

Yeah my first choices are en-suite but I cambridge hall is the most socialable hands down but say if you wanted to play xbox with some mates in your room its gonna be too small and also if your mates gonna crash at yours over night on a air bed its gonna be abit too small so an ensuite is gonna be more suitable. I hope i get briarfields becuase their a choice for 7 in a flat so its close enought to cambridge 10.
Original post by Mr_indi_
Becuase they dont do some courses that MMU offer and their is a 75 million pound business school so its a nicer place to study. But mainly becuase stupid people like you from UoM ask stupid questions like this.

Yeah my first choices are en-suite but I cambridge hall is the most socialable hands down but say if you wanted to play xbox with some mates in your room its gonna be too small and also if your mates gonna crash at yours over night on a air bed its gonna be abit too small so an ensuite is gonna be more suitable. I hope i get briarfields becuase their a choice for 7 in a flat so its close enought to cambridge 10.

Judging by this post and others I can gather that your a really aggressive guy....:eyeball: *cue abuse*
Reply 27
Original post by Art Of The Ninja
Judging by this post and others I can gather that your a really aggressive guy....:eyeball: *cue abuse*

Haha you really havent got nothing better to do have you, I feel sorry for you

:colone:
Original post by Mr_indi_
Haha you really havent got nothing better to do have you, I feel sorry for you

:colone:

Nope....I got one saaaaaaaaaaaaaad life....I was hoping you could cheer me up? :yy:
Reply 29
I've jsut been accepted to MMU next year to do an MSc in Conservation Biology (at All Saint Campus). I'm looking for a private hall, does any one have any recommendations? Ideally not full of Freshers (I spent all three years of my undergrad degree in a Freshers hall, it was cheep but boy could they be loud!). Also is there anywhere with an actual list of the private halls in Manchester because that would be rather helpful.

Thanks
Oxford Court is dope, I recommend it greatly, never had any trouble with anything
Reply 31
hii every 1 whats the atmosphere like in the mansion house student accomodation is it gud for livivng and is it sociable thaank you.
Oh you dont need an ensuite. I live in Cambridge Hall, best choice I've ever made. We have two showers between 10 people : not once I had to wait to take a shower. Not once! And I have my favorite shower, it happened one time that it was taken and I had to use the other one. They're very good showers as well, cleaned every week (same with the toilets). An ensuite is just the most ridiculous thing ever, you have your own sink in your room anyway. And sincerely, from what I've heard, Cambridge is the best place to be. I just love my room, love my kitchen (even though this ****ing oven and hobs are ridiculous) and ahh you'll love it
Reply 33
I'm studying business management FDA in September at MMU. Was wondering if anyone considers staying at Wilmslow park?( http://www.opalstudents.com/student-accommodation/manchester/wilmslow-park-mwp/ ) It looks good but if not alot of people go then it will be dead. Do people use any of the private halls near the campus aswell? Any other reccomendations?
Reply 34
Cavendish place also looks nice aswell and is only 3 minutes away from the uni. However its expensive and although getting a nice place would be good, if theres no one there and its socially terrible then its a no go. Any Advice?
Reply 35
ive been offered a place at mmu didsbury campus for Primary ed, but im thinking about living in the city centre, is this actually possible and is there many first years who do it/done it?
Reply 36
Hey! I've been Looking at Victoria Halls too. They look the most clean haha plus i definitely need an en-suite because i know how messy i am. Plus it's right near the new business school which is where i'll be. I was looking in to private accommodation at first but everyone's told me Halls is the best for meeting new people!
Reply 37
Hey, I'm studying psychology in Septemeber at MMU. I also don't have a clue which halls to choose? I think I want ensuite as sharing toilets and showers would be minging haha I can't decide between Briarsfield or Oxford Court??
Reply 38
Hey i'm also not sure about halls! Definitely want ensuite as sharing toilets etc is just pure minging!! I can't decide between Briarsfield and Oxford Court :s
I am looking at Briarfield, Oxford Court, or Daisy Bank. And everywhere I look, these names keep cropping up so I suppose they are decent?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending