The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Which are the best halls at MMU Manchester? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Accepting MMU through clearing, not sure which halls to pick. Ensuite is a luxury and car park would be nice.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
HI, i have a place that i am willing to give it's at mansion house if you need any more details then please contact me. :smile:
Reply 942
Original post by salmakhanam
HI, i have a place that i am willing to give it's at mansion house if you need any more details then please contact me. :smile:

Hi just wondering out of curiosity why you want to give away a place at mansion house also what have you heard its like? Reasons for my enquiry is that I'm looking for a decent tight security halls that provide a good living and also has very good reviews. Thanks
Original post by RayMu
Hi just wondering out of curiosity why you want to give away a place at mansion house also what have you heard its like? Reasons for my enquiry is that I'm looking for a decent tight security halls that provide a good living and also has very good reviews. Thanks

Hi
I originally offered the space as i got into the university of leeds, when i viewed the place it looked good and i then decided to go ahead, however since my last post the space has been taken and therefore is no longer available
Reply 944
Original post by salmakhanam
Hi
I originally offered the space as i got into the university of leeds, when i viewed the place it looked good and i then decided to go ahead, however since my last post the space has been taken and therefore is no longer available

No thats fine how did you come across Manison house? Did you use this website? http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/ Thanks again.
Original post by RayMu
No thats fine how did you come across Manison house? Did you use this website? http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/ Thanks again.

I looked at a bunch of accommodation in manchester however when my friend mentioned mansion house it seemed logical to go for it as it is kind of close to the university. The website was useful.
Hi.

Im looking for accommodation - i've got into MMU through clearing, obviously quite late due to waiting for a decision from my firm for over two weeks. Preferably a en-suite which isn't ridiculously expensive. Unfortunately, all the halls provided by MMU are now full apart from one which is rather expensive per week.

Has anyone stayed in private halls in Manchester & can recommend one?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Hi guys, I'm looking for accommodation as the offer I had to go to New Medlock is to expensive for me (135$/week!).
I've just found out the Manchester Student Village which is way cheaper and seen mixed reviews, maybe more bad than good, so I'd like to know, is it really that bad? Or is just that some guys are too finicky?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sciacallo010
Hi guys, I'm looking for accommodation as the offer I had to go to New Medlock is to expensive for me (135$/week!).
I've just found out the Manchester Student Village which is way cheaper and seen mixed reviews, maybe more bad than good, so I'd like to know, is it really that bad? Or is just that some guys are too finicky?

I phoned up and enquired about that accommodation Manchester village but was told it was full, they hadn't updated the website the only places left are msv south and Victoria point. I'm staying at Victoria point and it seems to be a good group of people living there. Msv on the other hand didn't have good reviews at all. I'm paying £102 a week that's double bed and a really nice bathroom although shared you only share between 3 people. Hope this helps! I was also placed in new medlock but no way was I paying them prices for a basic room!
Original post by BrontaeSM
I phoned up and enquired about that accommodation Manchester village but was told it was full, they hadn't updated the website the only places left are msv south and Victoria point. I'm staying at Victoria point and it seems to be a good group of people living there. Msv on the other hand didn't have good reviews at all. I'm paying £102 a week that's double bed and a really nice bathroom although shared you only share between 3 people. Hope this helps! I was also placed in new medlock but no way was I paying them prices for a basic room!

It helps a lot, thanks!
I think I'll send them the application right away as it seems a pretty interesting choice (and probably it's the best one I have right now)
Daisy bank anyone?!:cool:
who's staying in Birley fields Dunham Apartment's?
Original post by laurenatlantic
Daisy bank anyone?!:cool:

me!
I have a room available in birley fields warde townhouse if anyone is still looking for accommodation, let me know asap £117 a week
what is briarfields like in comparison to cambridge for being social?? i really want an ensuite but i'm willing to not have one for more social/party halls :smile:
Does anybody live in birley? What's it like living with so many people?
Anyone who lives at daisy bank will know the cute cat that roams around :biggrin:
Any reviews on Victoria Halls or Wilmslow Park? Also, is there a great difference between Victoria Halls and Oxford Court?
I went to the open day at mmu on Saturday and looked around cambridge halls which i really liked especially for the cost but I was wondering what Victoria Hall is like and if it's worth the extra £10 a week for an ensuite?
Is anyone staying in Oxford Court? if so could you tell me what it's like? and I've read that Opal have gone into administration within the past two years, so would that affect your accommodation at OC or is it fine to still apply there? Thanks xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending