The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avLauren
Hey,

Have you received an offer? I have a conditional for MSc Cognitive Neuroscience, just waiting for an unconditional :smile:

Yes, I received a conditional offer for the course, needed to get a 2:1. However, I turned it down for the MSc in Psychological Research at Oxford- a really difficult decision, I have to be honest! The course at York sounds so amazing and is probably slightly more tailored to the area I want to go into, especially with that emphasis on cog neuro methods, so I was very tempted to go for York over Oxford, but in the end I just couldn't turn Oxford down, even if their course is a little more broad.

Anyway, congratulations on the offer and on meeting it! :biggrin: Are you thinking of going for York over anywhere else you've applied?
University of York
York
Reply 1081
So I've sent my application in for Physics/Philosophy (F3VM) for entry next year, but on my ucas form it says that my year of entry is foundation year... I didn't apply for this nor do I particularly want to do a foundation year, can anyone explain why this is the way it is? I've got the same problem for Bath and Bristol as well...
Original post by Pejic
So I've sent my application in for Physics/Philosophy (F3VM) for entry next year, but on my ucas form it says that my year of entry is foundation year... I didn't apply for this nor do I particularly want to do a foundation year, can anyone explain why this is the way it is? I've got the same problem for Bath and Bristol as well...

Maybe your grades are not good enough to do it without a foundation year...
Reply 1083
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Maybe your grades are not good enough to do it without a foundation year...

Got AAA in year 12 and predicted A*A*A for the end of this year, that's well above what the required grades are I thought?
Original post by Pejic
Got AAA in year 12 and predicted A*A*A for the end of this year, that's well above what the required grades are I thought?

What subjects have you taken, though? If you've taken all science subjects or not had much experience with philosophy before the foundation year might be to get your essay writing/philosophy skills up to scratch. Also, there's a York Applicants 2014 page, maybe someone on there will have the same as you or could give you a reason? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1085
Reply 1086
Original post by HusnB

Reply 1087
Original post by Bbb1027

?.

Quick Reply

Latest