Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYM

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what are the best excersises to do at the gym when your wanting to loose weight?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cardio is you best bet early on. Running and especially cycling seem to be popular methods of exercise at my gym. They work and strengthen the heart and really help to lose weight fast. The cross trainer is another popular piece of equipment.

I would mix in some strength training but it really won't help that much when losing weight.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryoC)
    Cardio is you best bet early on. Running and especially cycling seem to be popular methods of exercise at my gym. They work and strengthen the heart and really help to lose weight fast. The cross trainer is another popular piece of equipment.

I would mix in some strength training but it really won't help that much when losing weight.
    If your sole purpose is losing weight, your diet is the absolute priority.
    You can do cardio and stuff, and it will be good for you, but the calories you burn are simply too few to make it that important.
    Consider this; instead of going for a 45 minute run, you could just not eat 250 calories worth of food. That's not really much.
    Calculate your BMR and then deduct 500 calories from it. This is what you should be eating each day if you want to lose weight, exercise doesn't really matter, though lifting weights will build muscle which looks great.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlobo94)
    what are the best excersises to do at the gym when your wanting to loose weight?
    Please read the stickies. There is a lot of advice there. If you'd read them first you wouldn't have needed to post this thread. Check my sig!
Updated: June 28, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.