The Student Room Group

Will taking an as and a2 in a year hinder my chances of getting into uni?

Basically for AS I took:
Theatre Studies
Law
English Language
Philosophy and Ethics

I recently decided I'd like to do sociology and psychology combined degree, and I have the option of taking Sociology AS and A2 in a year, that would mean my A Levels options would be English Language, Sociology and Law.

Do you think it will hinder my chances of getting into university if I take Sociology AS&A2 in a year, or do you think it will hinder my chances of getting into university or do you think they won't mind?

PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVICE!
Reply 1
Original post by alice269
Basically for AS I took:
Theatre Studies
Law
English Language
Philosophy and Ethics

I recently decided I'd like to do sociology and psychology combined degree, and I have the option of taking Sociology AS and A2 in a year, that would mean my A Levels options would be English Language, Sociology and Law.

Do you think it will hinder my chances of getting into university if I take Sociology AS&A2 in a year, or do you think it will hinder my chances of getting into university or do you think they won't mind?

PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVICE!

Hi :smile:
Have a look on a few university websites, and see if they require having a sociology A Level; I have two friends doing Sociology Degrees without the A Levels. If they don't require it, I would suggest that it would be best if you only took sociology A/S next year, and drop Theatre Studies. I say this because I would imagine it would be very difficult to do both an AS and an A2 in one year. Then either mention it in your personal statement or get your referee to say it in your reference.
That would be my advice.
If you were to take both an AS and A2 in one year, I would say contact the uni, as it will be harder to have a predicted grade for Sociology A2 since you haven't done the AS yet.
Hope that's helpful!
Reply 2
Why would it hinder your chances that you took the whole A-Level within a year?

Answer: no it wouldn't

Quick Reply

Latest