The Student Room Group

how much does aldi pay?

I have an interview at Aldi and i was wondering if anyone knew how much they pay hourly? I work at Sainsburys right now part time on 6.74 per hour, i was wondering if they paid more then this or if it was around the same?
They state it on their instore adverts, but the actual amount varies from store to store - I've noticed, for instance, that the one in Manchester city centre pays less than one on the outskirts of Manchester.
Reply 2
Aldi are actually quite generous when it comes to pay. I read online that you start on 8 pounds
Reply 3
Original post by *Hakz*
Aldi are actually quite generous when it comes to pay. I read online that you start on 8 pounds

i have conflicting reports, ive heard anywhere from 6.05 to 7.75 but im applying to the store in hounslow west london so im not sure where they would fit into that
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
They state it on their instore adverts, but the actual amount varies from store to store - I've noticed, for instance, that the one in Manchester city centre pays less than one on the outskirts of Manchester.

i never actually saw an advert in store, i just sent out an application form speculatively and i got a call from the area manager today inviting me for an interview with him on Saturday. Thinking back to this now, im wondering if there was some mistake? Since when does an area manager interview for store assistants?
Reply 5
It seems like you get paid more because you do everything...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1267951
Reply 6
Original post by Doskey
It seems like you get paid more because you do everything...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1267951

that sounds awesome, i prety much do the same thing at Sainsburys but get nothing but grief
Hi, is this a group interview because I have one coming up soon and no idea what to expect!
On their website it says £8-9 an hour but in the shop near me it says that store assistants are paid roughly £7.20 an hour :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by jus2sik
i never actually saw an advert in store, i just sent out an application form speculatively and i got a call from the area manager today inviting me for an interview with him on Saturday. Thinking back to this now, im wondering if there was some mistake? Since when does an area manager interview for store assistants?

very flat management structure, everybody works pretty much flat out...
Looks good on a cv imo cos it shows you're a hard worker who's able to take on responsibility.
Original post by jus2sik
I have an interview at Aldi and i was wondering if anyone knew how much they pay hourly? I work at Sainsburys right now part time on 6.74 per hour, i was wondering if they paid more then this or if it was around the same?

Depending on your age you will obviously get at least the minimum wage. But it will probably be a similar amount to what you're getting at the moment.
Reply 10
It's more than other similar places in retail, I used to work there in college, earning more than my friends at Tesco etc. :wink: You get a variable bonus each month depending on store productivity, sometimes that can give you a good extra quid on top of your basic rate. I think my basic rate was £6.60, that was five years ago though and I was 18, it'll definitely have gone up.

Oh and my interview was with the area manager, the other poster is correct about the flat management structure. I had about seven colleagues, including managers, at my store so with the area manager coming in a couple of times a week, they're all pretty tight.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jus2sik

can you post here when you have had yours please as it will give me an advantage for mine on wednesday as i will know what to expect cheers
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by DCShoes
can you post here when you have had yours please as it will give me an advantage for mine on wednesday as i will know what to expect cheers

i actually fell asleep and missed the interview lol, so much for that
I get paid £6.34 per hour (I've only been there 3 weeks), I'm told it goes up the longer you're there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
I have been working for ALDI now for 2 months. Im 27 and started on £7.95/hr and pretty much everyone in my store are on 25 hr week contracts. After a flat wage with no overtime etc I came out with £820 after tax and NI. Although you are on an hourly rate your wage is worked out annually and is sort of pro-rata which means if you did 100 hours in the month on £7.95 you wouldn't necessarily come out with £795.00. You come out with just that little bit more which is always a nice little surprise especially if you are on a tight budget.

You are paid slightly less per hour if you are under 18 but it is above national minimum wage.

From what I understand also is that increments are always added onto your hourly rate for every contract review per 12 months and also some stores offer productivity bonuses at the end of the paying year (although I do know that ALDI are banishing this over the next coming years).

I work in the North West in a place called Haydock where min wage is slightly less than if I were to be living and working in London or it's surrounding areas. The wage is fair but you are expected to do everything in store and the responsibility you receive can be quite daunting at first but you quickly become used to it as you graft a bit.

Nice rewarding job, competitive pay especially for retail.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending