Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So who's going where this Summer?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatRainbows)
    Well, we're flying with easyjet from Gatwick, only taking small suitcases for hand luggage and staying at one of these http://www.ecvacanze.it/en/index.php I've stayed in two places from this 'range' One in Rome and one in Florence and were both really nice. There's restaurants, shops, pools and they are all close to towns. If you want to be really cheap you could just take your own tent, we were tempted x). It gets more expensive the better the accommodation but I've stayed in the cheapest and it was pretty basic but still nice. Plus it's cheap . Prepare for all of the Germans though, they do love a good campsite.
    Thnak you

Ah I see. How many changes of clothes do you get in a small suitcase? :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Thnak you

Ah I see. How many changes of clothes do you get in a small suitcase? :eek:
    A surprising amount, all I really take is shorts and t-shirts, bikinis and a few dresses. You can actually take quite a big suitcase, it's sort of medium sized, not one of those tiny tiny ones.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Italy during early August depending on work commitments, Malia at the end of August and then toddling off to NZ in October for a few months [maybe longer we'll see how it goes], after that Russia for a month and then back to sunny old Britain for university
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from Ukraine for the Euro's.

Ukraine might not spring to many peoples mind as a holiday destination but I would seriously recomment it. I stayed in Donetsk for 9 nights for the group games and the weather was lovely (came back with a nice tan ), everything was cheap, the people were incredibly friendly and it was just a beautiful city to relax in, lots of parkland with fountains, monuments etc. which was nice to walk around.

Cost-wise, I think the holiday cost me about £600 altogether (including spending money and match tickets) and about £300 of that went on flights cos I booked them really late. If I'd booked them well in advance then it would have been heaps cheaper.

I actually enjoyed myself so much out there that I'm saving up to go back, but maybe either to Kyiv or L'viv next year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea where I am going because I am only 17 and I struggling to find a flight company that will let me go?! My friend is 18 though so I thought this would help!! :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not supposed to be going anywhere, but after reading this forum I have been inspired and am considering a little trip to Zagreb in September if I can get the money.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently in Marseille, and now I'm traveling to CERN (Geneva).
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I'm not supposed to be going anywhere, but after reading this forum I have been inspired and am considering a little trip to Zagreb in September if I can get the money.
    Why Zagreb?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why Zagreb?
    I've never been before and would like to go, and the easyjet flights/hostels were cheaper than the other places on my 'to visit' list! Completely random choice really, I just have reeeeeeally itchy feet and it seemed like a good idea! Have you been?
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I've never been before and would like to go, and the easyjet flights/hostels were cheaper than the other places on my 'to visit' list! Completely random choice really, I just have reeeeeeally itchy feet and it seemed like a good idea! Have you been?
    No, just seemed like a specific choice so thought I'd ask.

I know what you mean, I want to go away for a week or so.

You gonna go on your own?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, just seemed like a specific choice so thought I'd ask.

I know what you mean, I want to go away for a week or so.

You gonna go on your own?
    I'm going to ask around and see if anyone wants to come, but it's quite likely I will end up going on my own. Or perhaps with my brother. I am in a bit of a weird situation as I am on a 6 year course, and most of my friends have already graduated and have jobs. My uni friends are all going on placements abroad for the summer/early Autumn, but I am staying at home to do an extra year in London (if exams results go well tomorrow ). So I expect I will have to go by myself!

Any thoughts about where you might go?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.