Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

student finance help!!!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi

when I went to university the student finance I use to get over £3500 a year and my tution fee is fully payed.

my friend just finished college and he's applying for student finance, but they're only given him £1937 a year and his tution fee will not be payed £0

the tution fee is £8500

I was wondering what is the reason for this, he is not from the uk but he is allowed to settle here, but i don't think thats the problem because I'm not from the uk aswell.

his parents earn less than £15,000 a year

is there any changes in the law or is it for another reason.

thankyou
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdul58)
    hi

when I went to university the student finance I use to get over £3500 a year and my tution fee is fully payed.

my friend just finished college and he's applying for student finance, but they're only given him £1937 a year and his tution fee will not be payed £0

the tution fee is £8500

I was wondering what is the reason for this, he is not from the uk but he is allowed to settle here, but i don't think thats the problem because I'm not from the uk aswell.

his parents earn less than £15,000 a year

is there any changes in the law or is it for another reason.

thankyou
    Assessments are individual to the person ... there may be all sorts of factors regarding your friend that you are not fully aware of
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Assessments are individual to the person ... there may be all sorts of factors regarding your friend that you are not fully aware of
    I know that but I've helped him fill in his account details and there isn't much difference between mine and his
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What course is he doing? is it part time? how old is he?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    What course is he doing? is it part time? how old is he?
    he is doing a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science, full time with a placment year and he is 18 years old
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdul58)
    he is doing a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science, full time with a placment year and he is 18 years old
    Maybe a lot of your grants came from the actual university you went to and his university doesnt offer the same perks?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 28, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.