The Student Room Group

Tesco Trainee Management Programme 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had my phone interview a bit ago now and got through that, now just waiting for my work sample date to come through in the new year, i gather we do not get rejected at the work sample stage due to the email reading "followed by an assessment center in April", however they could be observing how you interact with customers and may count towards the final decision so just be aware. I look forward to seeing those of you that may be on the same assessment day as me and those not all the best! :biggrin:
Reply 21
I passed the interview, didn't realise they would get back to me so quickly. Excited for the next stage :smile: Eeep. x
Reply 22
Yay, well done!
I think the work sample day is as much for us too, Im pretty certain they dont assess you, from what ive read in previous years posts, but its for you to actually see if your going to like that line of work, as you might go into it and realise it really isnt for you! Not saying the managers wont be asked for feedback, im not sure but think the best thing to do would be to just get mucked in!
Where you guys from?
Reply 23
I think it is mainly for us to get an insight, i would be suprised if they didn't take an interest as to how u react to customers though :smile: im from near manchester wbu?
Reply 24
Have just passed my numerical assessment today, and received an email inviting me to complete the verbal assessment.
Thing is, the email address has gone from alevel recruitment to graduate recruitment.
Wondering if anyone else has had this occur, and any idea why?
Reply 25
Original post by RooCakes
Have just passed my numerical assessment today, and received an email inviting me to complete the verbal assessment.
Thing is, the email address has gone from alevel recruitment to graduate recruitment.
Wondering if anyone else has had this occur, and any idea why?

My email was from Tesco graduate recruitment scheme if that helps :smile:
Hi guys, I've applied for this year's stream and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the online numerical test. I haven't done maths since I took my GCSE (6 years ago!) and it's a subject i've always struggled with. I'm finding the practice tests really hard, I tend to panic whenever i'm presented with something maths related and can't figure out what to do, especially with worded questions. I've done a verbal reasoning and inductive test for another grad scheme and found them ok, but can't get my head around this one. Gutted that this could ruin my chances as aside from maths i've got a great track record!
Reply 27
Original post by hollyalamode
Hi guys, I've applied for this year's stream and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the online numerical test. I haven't done maths since I took my GCSE (6 years ago!) and it's a subject i've always struggled with. I'm finding the practice tests really hard, I tend to panic whenever i'm presented with something maths related and can't figure out what to do, especially with worded questions. I've done a verbal reasoning and inductive test for another grad scheme and found them ok, but can't get my head around this one. Gutted that this could ruin my chances as aside from maths i've got a great track record!

Keep practicing whatever you do! And make sure you have plenty of paper and a good calculator to hand too. I struggled with the percentage ones for a bit until I googled 'percentage button on calculator' which helped me make calculations a lot quicker. The more practices I did, the better I got at them and the quicker I could do them. It's about using the right information out of all the information they give you. There were practice questions on the Kent Uni Careers website (I didn't go to this uni but use their website all the time as it's really helpful!)

Best of luck x
I've applied for this scheme to!! :smile:

I had my phone interview on Tuesday? I'm constantly checking my emails, really looking forward to hearing back off them! How long did it take for you guys to hear back off them?

hollyalamode - Keep practicing !!! :smile: Good luck!!

x
Reply 29
Hello Everyone!

I applied for this on 12th December, heard back the next day, did the tests online, passed and I've for my telephone interview on Monday 17th! So surprised how quickly it's moving.

Is anyone else internal to Tesco?
Reply 30
Original post by benjfarrar
Hello Everyone!

I applied for this on 12th December, heard back the next day, did the tests online, passed and I've for my telephone interview on Monday 17th! So surprised how quickly it's moving.

Is anyone else internal to Tesco?

im an internal candidate.... i got ma telephone interview on 20th.... r u internal????
pls do let me kno what sort of preparation u doin??

thnx in advance
I've chosen to withdraw rather than sit the numerical test. I sent one of the questions to my friend who's currently sitting a maths and physics degree, and she sent me back about a page of algebra. Case closed.
Original post by hollyalamode
I've chosen to withdraw rather than sit the numerical test. I sent one of the questions to my friend who's currently sitting a maths and physics degree, and she sent me back about a page of algebra. Case closed.

:frown: that's a shame! I only sat Maths to GCSE, I did okay, but I didn't do amazing well in it. I managed the maths test, I just did a lot of practice. I wouldn't let the practice questions put you off. Everything is worth a try!!
Reply 33
I was absolutely dreading the maths, I only did it at GCSE and got a C at it. Definitely worth having a good calculator next to you and keep practicing! I dreaded it and definitely thought I did hurrendous but passed! Your not losing anything by doing it!!
Reply 34
Original post by thilshath
im an internal candidate.... i got ma telephone interview on 20th.... r u internal????
pls do let me kno what sort of preparation u doin??

thnx in advance

Yes, Im internal been with Tesco since May 2011, I haven't done a lot of research because im familiar with the company as it is... the interview wasn't too bad, not sure how it went...nervous Wait checking e-mails!!
Original post by benjfarrar
Yes, Im internal been with Tesco since May 2011, I haven't done a lot of research because im familiar with the company as it is... the interview wasn't too bad, not sure how it went...nervous Wait checking e-mails!!

I had my interview last Tuesday. When did you have yours? :biggrin: ....... checking my emails constantly! Really want to hear how it went!! :eek:
I unfortunately didn't pass my phone interview. :frown: I'm quite disappointed as I thought I had done okay. I did a lot of research and I had the notes with me whilst doing my interview. I just want to wish the rest of you the best of luck, and I hope it works out for you all. I'll keep my eye on the thread to see how you all get on. Best of luck guys, take care x
Reply 37
Original post by farmergirl93
I had my interview last Tuesday. When did you have yours? :biggrin: ....... checking my emails constantly! Really want to hear how it went!! :eek:

Had mine on Monday! So nervous!

good luck!
Reply 38
Original post by farmergirl93
I unfortunately didn't pass my phone interview. :frown: I'm quite disappointed as I thought I had done okay. I did a lot of research and I had the notes with me whilst doing my interview. I just want to wish the rest of you the best of luck, and I hope it works out for you all. I'll keep my eye on the thread to see how you all get on. Best of luck guys, take care x

Sorry to hear that :frown: Best of luck with your future! x:smile:
Reply 39
Anyone know if there's a set number of places available? Or if it's just however many people pass above a certain level? :tongue:

Congratulations to all who passed their phone interview, sorry to hear about those who haven't :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending