The Student Room Group

Tesco Trainee Management Programme 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good to see some of you are progressing through the stages. I forgot to check back into this thread, but thanks for your help and advice.

I'm applying for the distribution scheme and have passed the telephone interview. Now waiting to find out the date of the work sample.

Since having the phone interview, I've got a job working in my local tescos. I work nights at the petrol station, on my own. I plan to arrange meetings with managers to ask them questions on improvements and strengths of the tescos distribution network. Do you guys think me working for tescos will help my application? I'll bring it up during my work sample. I hope so, never planned on working 5 nights a week...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Hi everyone, I've applied to the store management scheme this year and have just confirmed my work sample for 13th Feb, really looking forward to it! Will be interesting to see what happens, I'm not too sure what to expect at the moment! I've been through a few grad schemes right through to the final stages but have never had a work sample. I'll post on here after it in case it helps anyone out that's having theirs after me, good luck to everyone on the scheme!
Reply 42
Hey.
How have you managed to book your work sample? I had an email over Christmas saying we'd be getting another email with details of it but haven't recieved. it yet ;(
Reply 43
Original post by katiej_xx
Hey.
How have you managed to book your work sample? I had an email over Christmas saying we'd be getting another email with details of it but haven't recieved. it yet ;(

Hi,

They just emailed me on Thursday and said that they had processed my application and were ready for me to do my work sample. They did say that they are still processing everyone so I wouldn't worry, you'll probably get something over the next couple of weeks! Once you get the email, it contains a link to your application page - the one on the Tesco grads website. When you go in there you'll see the list where it says 'review application, edit, withdraw' etc. and there'll be a new option to schedule your work sample. There are loads of dates/locations available so you should be able to get something close to home. Hope this helps and good luck with it when it comes! 😊
Hey... For all the people on here that have had their phone interview and been successful, what kind of questions do they ask? I would really appreciate some help, I've never done a phone interview before and I am extremely nervous! Would love some examples so I know what to expect and prepare!!
Reply 45
Hey Fhamil,
thanks, i recieved the emails and booked on for the work sample :smile: besto f luck with yours. and. and.chelsea, have a look a few pages back.i put a big essay about wha me its:smile:t they asked me
Reply 46
Hey,

No probs, glad you got it sorted! Yeah thanks, good luck with yours too! It looks as if we're all through to the assessment centre too, the way it reads is as if the work sample is to help you understand the job and then we go to the assessment centre in March. Yeah chelsey just make sure you research what the company is up to at the moment and learn a bit about them, sure you'll be fine!
Reply 47
Hi,

I have my telephone interview tomorrow and am just wondering whether they will call my home phone or my mobile? I have sent two emails asking them to call my mobile instead but I haven't received a reply so I am just wondering whether they will automatically call my home phone, or have received the emails but do not reply.

Thanks if anyone could shed some light from experience :smile:
Reply 48
Hi Murrayfan,

They called my mobile; every phone interview I've ever had has been on my mobile. I can't remember if I gave Tesco my home phone number or not though! Hope this helps and good luck with the interview! Cheers
Reply 49
Thankyou Fhamil, that's made me a bit more relieved as I didn't want them to think I wasn't at my phone when they say you should be lol
Reply 50
Just curious, anyone got a work sample in the Bury area?
Reply 51
Anyone else attending the Manchester Assessment Centre on March 12th?
Reply 52
Hi Enigma,

I have my work sample this week and will hopefully go through to the assessment centre after that. I just wondered if you got a choice of when/where you attend the assessment centre, or if it's decided for you by Tesco? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks
Reply 53
Yes, you will hv to choose preferred location and day slot. they will provide you hotel and further details. hope that helps
Reply 54
Original post by fhamil15
Hi Enigma,

I have my work sample this week and will hopefully go through to the assessment centre after that. I just wondered if you got a choice of when/where you attend the assessment centre, or if it's decided for you by Tesco? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks

Hi Fhamil,

Yes, you get a choice between Manchester, Birmingham and Hertfordshire. There are 4 dates available for each and you are invited to attend a dinner and presentation the night before. Additionally, they also pay for your accommodation for that night (we stay in twin rooms with one other person from the scheme). Sounds good! Let me know how you get on...
Reply 55
Hi Thilshath and Enigma,

Thank you both for the reply, appreciate it. Work sample is this Wednesday so all goin well I hope to get through to the assessment centre! Will post on here once I know when/where I'm doing that. All sounds pretty good! Best of luck with it all, cheers!
Hey Enigma, I'm in Manchester on the 12th too! It's good that they're putting us up the night before, I guess we'll be more relaxed!

Good luck to you guys with your work samples as well. I'm an internal applicant and as long as you show interest on the day you'll be fine!
Reply 57
I've got my work sample this week too. Anyone been to it yet? Any insight as to what the tasks are, or what it's like?
Is the work sample assessed? There is no indication on the email that it is so I am unsure what to expect. Also, how long after work samples were you notified about assesment centres?
Original post by Enigma2012
Hi Fhamil,

Yes, you get a choice between Manchester, Birmingham and Hertfordshire. There are 4 dates available for each and you are invited to attend a dinner and presentation the night before. Additionally, they also pay for your accommodation for that night (we stay in twin rooms with one other person from the scheme). Sounds good! Let me know how you get on...

Hi, have you heard back after a Work Sample, and been invited the an assessment centre? I had my Work Sample on Wed last week, and I am still waiting to hear back from them. When did you hear? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending