The TSR Transformation Contest Official Entry Thread
The TSR Transformation Contest is BACK.
- If you’re looking to lose weight, tone up, gain weight, or build muscle – the TSR transformation contest is for you.
- The best ‘transformations’ will be crowned the winners.
- Everyone starts on a level playing field, and with 12 weeks of hard work, dedication and sacrifice ahead; it’s all to play for!
- Bigger and better prizes than the previous competition!
“Why should I enter the TSR Transformation Contest? “
- Improve your health and fitness before university.
- A healthy goal to strive towards during the long summer.
- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement.
- Extensive support and advice from the members of TSR’s fitness forum.
- Achieve your desired physique.
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.
- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.
- Win fantastic prizes.
“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”
- Take three photos of yourself, either in underwear or swimwear. A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.
- Post your start pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 1st July – 8th July
- Post your end pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 16th September – 23rd September
- With a whole week for you to post your pictures, there are no excuses that you don’t have time! By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.
“What are the prizes??”
- There will be a winner from each the male and female category with two runners up also in each category, that’s 6 winners in total!
- Prizes are as follows:
1st place: £100 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £30 voucher from Strength Shop and a 3 month TSR subscription.
2nd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £20 voucher from Strength Shop and a 2 month TSR subscription.
3rd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £10 voucher from Strength Shop and a 1 month TSR subscription.
“Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Commandant and the Fitness Mods will shortlist potential winners, and our main sponsor Maxiraw will then pick the top 3 male and female transformations
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Moderators will remove all posts discussing steroids.
- Be sure to start your blog!
Here are pics of the male and female winners of the last competition to inspire you:
I will be trying to increase my muscle size over the next 6 weeks and then try to lose the fat around the stomach for the rest of the 12 weeks. I will be hitting the gym around 4 times per week and split my workouts into bodyparts. Afterwards I will probably be doing HIIT to lose weight.
Thought I'd give this ago, not sure how much of a transformation I'll make in 12 weeks, as I'm aiming to slightly reduce body fat and build muscle. I doubt the changes will be drastic, but hey who knows!
I will start up a blog when I get to the gym in the week, but it won't be tomorrow, as I competed today and right now I'm feeling exhausted, but I might go scout the local gyms, as I need to find a decent one for when I'm at home for the next month or so.
Here's my entry to the Transformation Contest. My goal is to lose body fat as well as maintaining/building muscle, and as I don't have one of the machines that can measure it available to me, I'm doing it by my body measurements so I hope that's okay!
My favourite part of my body is my upper back as I seem to have lost the majority of my body fat so far from there, but I can't wait to lose even more!
I've provided my weight, however because I do weights A LOT, I don't know whether me dropping/not dropping weight will be an accurate determination of whether I've lowered my bodyfat percentage? I guess that will be for the judges to decide!
Here are my starter pictures
Proof of Date:
Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to see all of your transformations in 12 weeks time!
If anyone wanted to follow my progress here's the link to my transformation blog on TSR!
Reserved for my entry, will edit once I've uploaded the pics.
Hey guys, my name's Pete and I'm currently 183cm at around 74kg.
I'm looking to use this summer to mainly lose body fat (whilst maintaining as much muscle mass as possible) and hopefully at the same time improve my CV fitness and raw strength.
I'm currently eating at a slight calorific deficit, and my gym routine consists mainly of powerlifting/olympic weightlifting movements (still trying to get the technique right on olympic lifts) with weighted dips, pull-ups, situps etc.
Going on holiday for a week this Saturday, so really I'll be starting properly when I get back.
I'm 18 and have piled on about 2 stone in the last year and a bit, due to simple overeating.
My aim? To lose fat all over, gain muscle, improve posture and become fitter in general. I'm not so worried about weight. I just want to change my physical appearance (flatter tummy, smaller thighs, more defined waist..)
Bring on the pics... (yay mismatching underwear..)
The most electrifying man on student room, weighing in at 154 pounds. If yaaa smell.......
Plan of action. Get really really trim. Mainly to try and get all the fat off my face (get another photo up for that) but to also get a nice defined physique.
Probably going to consume at 2000kcal per day, heavy compound lifts in the gym, Keysi Fighting training (the bruise on my arm is from being hit repeatedly the other day), cricket, golf and the occasional run around the common.
Last edited by Classical Liberal; 03-07-2012 at 00:44.