The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I said that I will do this no matter what :eek:

Here are my end pics:

Front

Back

Side

Date

So I didn't loose as much as I wanted, and in the last month gained a few pounds :sadnod: However, this competition did do some things for me.

It forced me to really think about my lifestyle. As a result, I now train for Jitsu minimum twice a week and might be going for grading if my dislocated toe heals in time.

I also am more concious about what I eat. Although I eat junk, I don't eat it as often and always burn it off if I do.

I feel much healthier and don't feel like my internal organs will explode :tongue:

Overall, it's had a positive response and happy I stuck through :biggrin:

I found a picture of me in April:

April Pic

and was so shocked in how far I've come! I have till December to loose more. This isn't over for me! :biggrin:
Reply 61
^Well done cpdavis for your transformation :smile: Glad you saw it through.

Original start: Here

Let start off with the worst change, my back. Not as well as I thought on my back but still a change can be seen in my Shoulder/back double-biceps :smile:

Back:

Spoiler

Back Double Bicep:

Spoiler

Front:

Spoiler

Side/Tri:

Spoiler

Even if I don't win this, I know I have made on a start to change myself and will carry it on. Good luck to everyone else.
Decent progress. Lost around 3-4kg. Would have liked to lose a bit more but my diet was mediocre, and also I didn't go to the gym for around a month overall over summer.
Luckily I should be hitting IF/Paleo next month so hopefully should see better progress in the following months, this was a decent start though.

The side pic seems like a big change although I think I may have stuck my belly out a bit more in the first pic, whereas this is relaxed.

Front

Spoiler

Back - tensed (apologies for ***tty pic_

Spoiler

Back - relaxed

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Final transformation pics! Not a winning change and I am slightly disappointed with my progress, but I can still see a small change so not all is lost. I don't know how much I lost because I stopped weighing myself halfway. Well here they are anyway, the competition might be finished but I'm still a work in progress!

Front start: IMAG0010.jpg
Front end: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87467212@N06/8006727344/in/photostream

Side start: IMAG0011.jpg
Side end: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87467212@N06/8006730667/in/photostream/

Back start: IMAG0012.jpg
Back end: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87467212@N06/8006733973/in/photostream/

Sorry the side end picture got blurred-good luck to everyone else in the competition :smile:

Back picture difference is the best I think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Here are my end pics. As you can see, I've made great progress with my tan!

In all seriousness though, all I'll say is that I need to learn to pose better and that even though I feel as though I've made a good start, there's still a long way to go.

Back

Spoiler

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

I'd just to say congrats to everyone else who took part, especially if they feel they've made a positive change to their lifestyle :smile:

Edit: Made pictures a little smaller.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
I will get leg pics later this afternoon, will also try and get better back pic...I have to use housemates mirror and he's still in.

IMG_20120921_184414-1.jpg

IMG_20120921_184431-1.jpg

IMG_20120921_184450.jpg

IMG_20120921_184521-1.jpg

proof.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Fairly pleased but definitely more to go. Some pics are before v. after and others just extras because I took more for after.

Front Double Bicep

Spoiler

Back Double Bicep

Spoiler

Back Lats Flared

Spoiler

Legs

Spoiler

Extra Pics

Spoiler

Favourite Pic

Spoiler

Date

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Final transformation pics below. Didn't know leg pictures were needed so I will post them either later this evening or tomorrow

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
**** yeah self-timer.

Kind of surprised how well I did. I guess you really can't notice the difference by just looking in the mirror every day as the process is too gradual. Definitely need to work on my arms (and chest a bit), but back is looking good I think. Just shows how important diet is!

Don't know what to do about legs... I didn't post proper leg pics when I entered :facepalm:
Reply 69
I don't think there's much difference, besides my stomach toning up a bit, because I only lost 7lbs but I'll post pics up anyways. Definitely feeling fitter so that's cool :smile:

(please excuse my weirdly shiny knickers xD)

comp1_zpsf1025275.pngcomp2_zps3574127c.pngcomp3_zpsec198aa3.pngproof2_zpse93de663.png
Starting - weight 186lbs

Spoiler

End - weight 172lbs
Pictures are MASSIVE even more so than before.
sorry.

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Side by side shots

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Before first, after second, sorry for massive pics!

front

side

back

Not sure there's a great deal of visible difference (less tan lines, more bruises :rolleyes:) but I'm definitely feeling stronger. Comparing start of summer to now:

Leg curls 45kg -> 72.5kg
Hip abduction 80kg -> 107.5kg
Lat pulldowns 37.5kg -> 50kg
Leg press 50kg -> 82.5kg
Deadlift 65kg -> 82kg
Front squats 30kg -> 55kg
Clean 20kg -> 45kg
Jerk 20kg -> 41kg

Put on 6lbs overall, now just shy of 9st 12lbs. I'd like to stay this side of 10st, but I'm surprised how unbothered I am about being heavier, probably because all my clothes still fit fine - if anything I need to get jeans that are a bit smaller round the waist.

My aim was to get stronger and a bit bigger without putting on fat, and I'm pretty happy with what I've achieved.

I don't know how to make the photos any smaller, sorry!!
Various things have got in the way of a full on effort such as holidays and tours etc. But very pleased with the results. And I am currently on another fast to try and get my body fat right down as I now have some time with nothing to do prior to freshers :woo:

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Intend to actually put some muscle mass back on when I am at uni, so hopefully by Christmas I will have a fairly impressive physique :biggrin:
I feel pretty good about how this went.. My pics are kind of hard to judge, they look better but in the interests of being an honest guy I'll point out that they're on a different camera (not out of choice, my phone broke a couple of weeks ago). Also doing full disclosure, I gained a decent amount of strength over the weeks. My press went from 67.5x2 to 77.5, bench went from struggling with 90 to an easy paused 97.5 after other stuff. Squat I trained as an afterthought but I did 140x5 at the beginning and something like 140x10 towards the middle. Deadlift I don't know what I had before the comp but I did 220x2 last week. So all the lifts close to my previous bests and I probably look a lot better than when I first did them. Last bit of full disclosure: my gym bag got stolen from my car the other week so I really need the strengthshop voucher. I feel like this should definitely influence the admins. Anyone who thinks I shouldn't have left my gym bag on the seat of my car needs to read a Laurie Penny article about victim blaming.

Sincere thoughts on my actual transformation: my biceps are and always will be terrible. I like to think of them as overpowered by my big shoulders and forearms but another way of putting it is "terrible". They've transformed from terrible to still terrible, since I haven't worked them. The rest of me has improved, I think. In fact maybe my arms have even improved. I did a lot of dips and some chins. I measured my arms and they were about 15" flexed, I don't think they've been that big in the past. Maybe. Either way they have veins and **** now. I guess I've gained weight. I think my front double bi suggests I have. Lower body wise it's all a bit meh, skinny, typical deadlift-but-no-squat look. My calves are in the same situation as my biceps, but oh well.

front relax

front bicep

legs

back relax

back biceps

real talk

Reply 75
Well, that was a fast 12 weeks!

I've been bulking for the past 12 weeks, going for 4000 calories a day as I have a high TDEE. My routine consisted of anything and everything but mainly revolved around a 5 day bodybuilding split focusing on increasing strength on my compound lifts. And just for a bit of vaiety I added in crossfit and self-defense work for good measure :biggrin:

Although I don't post much on TSR I took a lot of advice from the stickies for my routine and meal macros etc.

Start 1

Spoiler

End 1

Spoiler

Spoiler

Start 2

Spoiler

End 2

Spoiler

Start 3

Spoiler

End 3

Spoiler

Spoiler

Congratulations to my brother areebmazhar who lost a lot of fat during his transformation and good luck to all the other entrants who posted final pics! :smile:
Reply 76
I took my photos a few days after the gym but realised I hadn't done a back one, so just did that one now hence the different underwear:tongue:

Front

Side

Back

Proof

Some amazing efforts from both camps.
Quite the opposite can be said from me :lol:. Didn't really adhere to anything and as such pretty minimal change really, although one minor caveat I guess is the fact I have been getting slightly stronger.

Spoiler

Learnt my lessons though. Learn to be patient and if something isn't working, don't be stubborn and move on to something else!
(edited 11 years ago)
Cutting it a bit close here!

Ok so I can't really see much change to be honest.. blaming my height for that (at 6'3" I'm lucky that it takes a lot to get fat, vbut it also takes longer to make changes..)

That said I feel quite a lot stronger than a few months ago.. stat changes:

3x5 55kg lat pull downs -> 4x5 70kg lat pull downs (max machine weight)
40kg shoulder press (machine) -> 45kg shoulder press (free bar)
50kg low row -> 65kg low row
40kg bench press -> 60kg bench press
55kg chest press -> 85kg chest press
60kg pectoral -> 85kg pectoral
97.5kg leg extensions from 3 sets to 10 sets (max machine weight)
75kg leg curl -> 85kg leg curl
50kg front squats -> 85kg front squats

And for pics see attached

Initial entry for reference can be seen here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2044620&p=38450079#post38450079
(edited 10 years ago)
Entry to the contest is now closed :smile:
Well done to all! Information about winners will be announced soon!

Latest