Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do women like a man to wear?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Apologies, didn't see that.

Guess who's going to wear suits to sixth form :sexface:
    Any of the King Edwards Grammars perchance?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historophilia)
    Genuinely, suits are sexier than underwear. It's something about how they make a guy move and the way they shape the body.

And also I just find it incredibly attractive when guys are well dressed and well turned out generally.

Suits or naked. Guy's underwear is a bit meh really.
    You sure about that? haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Dj90phtms
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely, suits are sexier than underwear. It's something about how they make a guy move and the way they shape the body.

And also I just find it incredibly attractive when guys are well dressed and well turned out generally.

Suits or naked. Guy's underwear is a bit meh really.
    Ah OK, I'd thought with people like pro rugby players who's faces are a bit smashed up (exhibit A: Mike Tindall) but generally have very good bodies you might prefer the underwear, though I spose naked mitigates that!

Also, are you not slightly influenced with the guys around St Paul's that, being highly likely City workers they probably have quite muscular bank accounts which girls generally find attractive?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow who takes in interest in how he dresses, I must say I like a suit, but there's a time and a place, obviously.

Another user on here advised me to, in the context of casual clothing, pick out one/two items to wear that are slightly out of place (smarter) than everything else. So in winter, loafers/smart pea coat/blazer with a tee and jeans, and in summer, boat shoes and tailored shorts with a tee. The latter might amount to a slightly preppy look, but smarter generally does mean more stylish.

Wouldn't go far as to calling it smart casual though. More casual with a couple of smart things thrown in.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    Be real ladies: Most men on here can't afford a proper suit. If they can they're pretty middle class and got parents that earn a bit or he's lucky to have a highly paid job. Maybe that's what turns the ladies on? Where i'm from you'll be lucky to afford Topman.

When you're pooer as **** it's all about faking it till you make it. No need to spend Gs on a suit. Do that when you're a highly paid graduate or something.

Suits are just too formal imo. I can't stand them most of the time. They're boring. It doesn't say much about you other than you're a masuline man and you have ££££££
    No need to wear a suit to look good. A suit is great, but (maybe i'm just easily pleased) I think guys often look best when they just keep it simple. A plain white or black t-shirt with jeans and trainers can look so good.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    But thats why women like them. Suits if well fitted are pretty flattering on a guy and suggest wealth, status power which lets face it women instinctively like.
    '
    Lol go to the big City of London, almost every guy is in a suit..I seriously doubt that women will assume that they have wealth, status and power, considering that every Tom, Dick and Harry wears a suit in the capital.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Ah OK, I'd thought with people like pro rugby players who's faces are a bit smashed up (exhibit A: Mike Tindall) but generally have very good bodies you might prefer the underwear, though I spose naked mitigates that!

Also, are you not slightly influenced with the guys around St Paul's that, being highly likely City workers they probably have quite muscular bank accounts which girls generally find attractive?
    Not necessarily, you've no idea how much money they have. They could be an intern, or just started the job.

And genuinely money doesn't attract me, I plan to make my own money.

And just to say the whole "girls are just gold diggers" stereotype is kinda offensive. I don't know any girl or woman who would go out with a guy or find them attractive just because they were rich. You will always get some who think like that but the vast majority of women don't.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    Lol go to the big City of London, almost every guy is in a suit..I seriously doubt that women will assume that they have wealth, status and power, considering that every Tom, Dick and Harry wears a suit in the capital.
    Well they do have some level of wealth and status if they work in the City :confused:
    If a girl saw two very similar looking guys but one had a suit then he would be thought to have wealth, secure job etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

Skin.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    You sure about that? haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Dj90phtms
    That video is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen

But seriously, those things would be like push up bras on girls, looks great but a disappointment when removed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blue denim jeans with a plain (as in unpatterned) shirt, with the top couple of buttons undone. Short-sleeved if the guy has nice arms.

Oh, and I like polo shirts, too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I felt awesome wearing my suit to M.U.N but it was only from primark because I was going to out-grow it within the year....

Still it was great

I need to get more suits seeing form the responses to this thread.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, you've no idea how much money they have. They could be an intern, or just started the job.

And just to say the whole "girls are just gold diggers" stereotype is kinda offensive. I don't know any girl or woman who would go out with a guy or find them attractive just because they were rich. You will always get some who think like that but the vast majority of women don't.
    People aren't saying women are gold diggers but okay I'm not relationship psychiatrist but from what I learned in my alevel is that women instinctively look for a man who they can rely on for security, doesn't have to mean that they will gold dig, they just want a man who has ambition, some level of reliability and security. All these link in with a suit. I do agree (I mentioned in a diff post) that a suit is flattering on a body.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My ex used to wear his old camo trousers a lot, loved it. I know it sounds a bit douchey but he pulled it off.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

I wasn't saying they're gold diggers, just that generally being wealthy helps you get girls and fairly jokily! If wealth attracted women I'd be screwed as my girlfriend is likely to out earn me!

Though when you intern there I found I was obvious, because you look a bit lost and your suit is a fraction of the price of theirs

In the case of City boys I think it's often because women know their wealth is due to being educated and a reasonably stable job, which is attractive, rather than the actual amount they earn.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

There is some truth in that tbh. The term 'gold diggers' is a bit extreme for my liking though. It's very easy at 18 to say that money will never be a big factor in regards to choosing a prospective partner, as at that age we all have rose-tinted glasses on and assume that we'll be successful and money isn't really as important. If you're 25+ in a dead end job, then it's not hard to see why you would be attracted to a guy with a bulging wallet. Why else do I know of numerous Chelsea girls who've never worked a day in their lives, but shack up with a banker and live a life of leisure.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Women always go for money, power and status. You could be in your jammies and they'll find you attractive.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    I wasn't saying they're gold diggers, just that generally being wealthy helps you get girls and fairly jokily! If wealth attracted women I'd be screwed as my girlfriend is likely to out earn me!

Though when you intern there I found I was obvious, because you look a bit lost and your suit is a fraction of the price of theirs

In the case of City boys I think it's often because women know their wealth is due to being educated and a reasonably stable job, which is attractive, rather than the actual amount they earn.
    I'm sure you didn't really mean it with any harm, it's just one of those stereotypes that sets my teeth on edge.

Possibly your point about the stable job is that case, but again you don't really know. And in the current financial climate city jobs aren't nearly that stable any more!

I think part of may be due to the fact that people with money will be able to take better care of themselves, go to the gym, good haircuts etc. which will obviously make a guy look more attractive.

And at the end of the day... suits. Just suits. Probably can't explain what it is about them but... Suits. God da-yumm.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    Any of the King Edwards Grammars perchance?
    Nope.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

majority of girls who i have had encounters with have been gold diggers. Therefore, I percieve them all to be like that..

behind every di** is a bit** who made him that way

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.