The Student Room Group

NHS should replace PiP Implants, discuss?

Hi guys,

I am trying to think of some ideas for my assignment with the title, "Patients with PiP breast implants should have them replaced by the NHS- discuss".

Can anybody please give me some ideas to cover both sides of the argument. Persoanlly, I think PiP patients have no right over the NHS to have them replaced, unless of course the implants were initially put in by the NHS. The NHS is being generous in even removing the implants. The private companies should step up to their responsibilities, as happy as they were to collect money from the patients initially.

Anyway, that is my opinion. I cannot think of a logical reason as to why the NHS should replace the implants.

Please help, any ideas much appreciated. :smile:
why should the taxpayer cover for people's vanity?
Reply 2
Original post by kidomo
why should the taxpayer cover for people's vanity?

This.

Why should the NHS cover the cost of someone tarting themselves up? If they have a medical reason for them such as theyve had a Masectomy then thats a different story but for someone who's just tryed to bump themselves up a cup size or ten then it should come out of their own pocket, especially as im sure theyd have had to pay for it in the first place they should have the money to have them re-done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending