The Student Room Group

What are British Indian/Asian guys like in relationships? R they conservative/liber

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
that's good to know that he's open minded. It's good that he's introduced you to his family it shows that he's serious. it shouldn't matter if you're a virgin or not. Has he talked to you about a future sexual aspect to your relationship...if it's too personal no need to answer.

Not really, we have only been together for just over a month. There's a lot of positives to our relationship - he's definitely more respectful, well mannered and kind than my previous boyfriends! I can see we will have difficulties in the future but hopefully we will make it through them :biggrin:
Reply 21
Wish there were more liberal Indian guys like you :smile: would you be open to dating an Indian girl opposite to u in that she's religious , virgin and conservative if both of u liked each other and she respected your beliefs?

Off topic but I've been reading your comments and you sound like a pretty open minded, chilled out guy. you mentioned before that tho ur Indian female friends are cool, a lot are not open do dating Indian guys? I don't get that I think most Indian guys who are open minded, liberal and see females equally should not have any prob dating girls still you get threads about indian guys preferring to date other races and vice versa. Not from the Uk but I don't get that.I think british Indian guys are universally attractive to Indian girls worldwide so I don't know why they wouldn't be to some in the Uk. Same with Indian British girls.

Haha cheers! There's lots around that I know, most of them seem pretty chill. Yeah, definitely, I don't mind that at all. Oh yeah in terms of my friends they actually aren't dude, most of them do only date white or black guys, but that's just how they roll. My girlfriend is Asian so at least one doesn't mind lol.
Reply 22
Original post by ravvv
Haha cheers! There's lots around that I know, most of them seem pretty chill. Yeah, definitely, I don't mind that at all. Oh yeah in terms of my friends they actually aren't dude, most of them do only date white or black guys, but that's just how they roll. My girlfriend is Asian so at least one doesn't mind lol.

That's good to know. And you really only need one girl to think you're the best... and uve got your gf for that .
Still disappointing your friends think that.. Maybe they Just haven't met the right Asian girl yet. I feel like Asian guys need more appreciation
Reply 23
Original post by ravvv

That's good to know. And you really only need one girl to think you're the best... and uve got your gf for that .
Still disappointing your friends think that.. Maybe they Just haven't met the right Asian girl yet. I feel like Asian guys need more appreciation
that's a cool combination im guessing the Irish side is way less conservative then the Indian side. Its really refreshing to hear views like yours
from Indian guys. I meant the giving in a non sexual and sexual senses in that I've heard from an Indian friend of mine that she married this guy she dated. They didn't have sex before marriage but she found out he only likes to receivenot give.. but she likes to give and it doesn't botherher too much but it made me think of sexual compatibility and how it's important to know before marriage.

Unfortunately you get selfish people like your friend's husband in all races. She may be tolerating it for now but it doesn't look good in the long term.

In my experience people who are selfish lovers are also selfish in other aspects of their life. It's an inability to see things from another person's point of view and is pretty lethal in a relatonship.

It may be , of course, that he is genuinely just ignorant about what he should be doing in which case he needs to wise up pretty rapidly before she
decides to call it a day and try someone else.
Reply 25
Unfortunately you get selfish people like your friend's husband in all races. She may be tolerating it for now but it doesn't look good in the long term.

In my experience people who are selfish lovers are also selfish in other aspects of their life. It's an inability to see things from another person's point of view and is pretty lethal in a relatonship.

It may be , of course, that he is genuinely just ignorant about what he should be doing in which case he needs to wise up pretty rapidly before she
decides to call it a day and try someone else.

The thing is she has chatted to him
about it and how she would really Like it. He's not comfortable as he had a traditonsl background. She likes giving it to him tho. He tried once and didnt like it :frown: she is tempted to cheat on him with a black neighbour who has flirted with her and Is willing to go down on her.
She is encouraging me to Lose my virginity before marriage .
In that case Asian Guys only have themselves to bland if they can't reciprocate.
The thing is she has chatted to him
about it and how she would really Like it. He's not comfortable as he had a traditonsl background. She likes giving it to him tho. He tried once and didnt like it :frown: she is tempted to cheat on him with a black neighbour who has flirted with her and Is willing to go down on her.
She is encouraging me to Lose my virginity before marriage .
In that case Asian Guys only have themselves to bland if they can't reciprocate.

there are loads of asians that will lick her out why go to a black neighbour when down the road you got loads of hungry asians
By conservative do you mean they'd be less open to dating people who've had more relationships or conservative about the sexual aspect of a relationship? I plan to study and work so maybe I'll meet a mixture of liberal a d conservative. The guy I'm friends with is a student and he seems to be a mix of both

Probably both as someone who is generally conservative about sexual relationships will be generally conservative about all aspects of them.

But like I said, every individual will be different and it's best just too take things as they come rather than going into thins with preconceived ideas about people.
Reply 28
Original post by umarrehman187
there are loads of asians that will lick her out why go to a black neighbour when down the road you got loads of hungry asians

She is considering that as well since she married young and is attracted to some asian guys but she doesnt know if they do it. Plus her husband is away for long periods of time and he grew up in a village area back home so he is pretty conservative.. i dont agree because cheating isnt right. I guess she thinks the asians could talk about it, they might know her husband make him feel bad and people in the community could find out? If they do, she will be seen as shameful and all that...would probably lead to divorce which is where it seems to be heading.
She is encouraging me to lose my virginity as well.
i def dont want to end up in that situation.
She is considering that as well since she married young and is attracted to some asian guys but she doesnt know if they do it. Plus her husband is away for long periods of time and he grew up in a village area back home so he is pretty conservative.. i dont agree because cheating isnt right. I guess she thinks the asians could talk about it, they might know her husband make him feel bad and people in the community could find out? If they do, she will be seen as shameful and all that...would probably lead to divorce which is where it seems to be heading.
She is encouraging me to lose my virginity as well.
i def dont want to end up in that situation.

dont worry ill send some asians over you both lose your virginity and have a nice time :smile:
I'm a girl of Indian background from another western country and I'm planning to travel to the Uk for work/study purposes. We have some family friends in the Uk and I've recently started chatting to one of their sons, who is from London, in a friendly manner I.e just as friends. At the same I don't know him that well to ask such questions also considering since I'm inexperienced and have not had any sexual relationships myself. It got me thinking about what British Asian/Indian guys view on relationships are. Are they conservative/liberal, do they believe in premarital sex etc? are they open towards oral sex and other practices? What are their preferences partner wise? How traditional/cultural are they ? I'm a mix of both conservative and liberal when it comes to relationships..like I don't think number of relationships etc should matter but personally I believe in having a sexual relationship only when I'm in a committed relationship with someone.

I don't think people should be limited to race when it comes to dating and I don't want to generalize but just want a general idea of what they think. So if u know any British Asians, have been in a relationship with one or are one yourself, what are your views?
Thanks in advance.

You didn't have to be anon. I think I know where you're from :colone:

A bit ironic considering I'm anon...but then you dunno where I'm from :wink:
Reply 31
You didn't have to be anon. I think I know where you're from :colone:

A bit ironic considering I'm anon...but then you dunno where I'm from :wink:

where am i from? :P actually dont say it you might give away my secret.
where are you from? i want to make some more british asian/non asian guy friends..but there arent that many on tsr
Reply 32
dont worry ill send some asians over you both lose your virginity and have a nice time :smile:

but i want my first time to be with someone im emotionally connected to. so whoever they are they're going to have to get to know me first lol. hopefully they'll have patience.
Reply 33

but i want my first time to be with someone im emotionally connected to. so whoever they are they're going to have to get to know me first lol. hopefully they'll have patience. but dont asian guys generally not really respect girls who've lost their virginity before marriage? :/
Reply 34
Original post by Historophilia
Probably both as someone who is generally conservative about sexual relationships will be generally conservative about all aspects of them.

But like I said, every individual will be different and it's best just too take things as they come rather than going into thins with preconceived ideas about people.

Thats true Historophilia you make a good point. i guess its all individual but if someone is conservative then they probably are conservative about all of it.
its hard to work out if someone is opposite though. conservative in real life but liberal when it comes to relationships.
but i want my first time to be with someone im emotionally connected to. so whoever they are they're going to have to get to know me first lol. hopefully they'll have patience. but dont asian guys generally not really respect girls who've lost their virginity before marriage? :/

well usually if they know the girls lost thier virginity then all they want them is for sex but then they get married to a virgin girl
Thats true Historophilia you make a good point. i guess its all individual but if someone is conservative then they probably are conservative about all of it.
its hard to work out if someone is opposite though. conservative in real life but liberal when it comes to relationships.

The only thing you can do is try to get to know them as well as you can.

And perhaps talk to any guys you go out with about their views and attitudes before having sex so you know where you stand.
Reply 37
well usually if they know the girls lost thier virginity then all they want them is for sex but then they get married to a virgin girl

yeh its a bit unfair but i guess thats the way it is. thats why probably many asian girls don't tell asian guys if they've lost her virginity or not.
since im a virgin i'd also prefer to marry a virgin but i wouldnt reject non-virgins or i wouldnt have many people i could marry.
yeh its a bit unfair but i guess thats the way it is. thats why probably many asian girls don't tell asian guys if they've lost her virginity or not.
since im a virgin i'd also prefer to marry a virgin but i wouldnt reject non-virgins or i wouldnt have many people i could marry.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww your the best :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Historophilia
The only thing you can do is try to get to know them as well as you can.

And perhaps talk to any guys you go out with about their views and attitudes before having sex so you know where you stand.

thats a good idea. hopefully their views won't change after the event or it'll make things hard to predict.
are you of asian background historophilia?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending