The Student Room Group

Reference Help!

Hi guys, I've completed my Ucas with the exception of my reference, but the deadline is today I assume which I'll have to go through clearing (already have my grades as I took a gap year so it's no biggy).

Problem is, I haven't yet got a reference sorted nor do I really know what to do. On Ucas, it says I have to give information (email address, phone number and so on) about my reference and then I have to click 'Send Reference Request', but after I've done that what do I do?

I've got myself in a state of confusion so the only way I can really put my point across is if I say how I think the process goes and then hopefully someone can correct me:

1. I put down my reference's details
2. Ucas contact my reference and ask them to verify it
3. Ucas get back to me, and I then copy and paste a reference that I've been given by my reference maker.

Is this right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply 1
No, they will contact your reference who should have their reference prepared as once they log in they only get 30 minutes to fill it in, so get them to copy and paste it. Ucas will then update saying your reference has been filled in. You just log in and submit it - you won't get to see a copy of the reference - it's attached seperately so only the uni(s) will receive it.

Hope this helps (: good luck!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Soph.Jade
No, they will contact your reference who should have their reference prepared as once they log in they only get 30 minutes to fill it in, so get them to copy and paste it. Ucas will then update saying your reference has been filled in. You just log in and submit it - you won't get to see a copy of the reference - it's attached seperately so only the uni(s) will receive it.

Hope this helps (: good luck!!!

Ah okay. Thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 3
Also, make sure they do it straight away (like, this morning) as you haven't officially sent your application until they've filled their reference in and you get the option to submit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending