Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

How do I politely tell religious people to leave me alone?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    smear poo on your door bell, and on your letter box. They'll get the idea.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    Yep. In fact I had it very lucky one time. The guy stood in front of the door's path so I could close it (clever, especially for one who believes the bull**** they do). But then luckily the postman came along and he moved out of the way so I could take the letter. My chance to close the door then arrived and I took it.
    I'd like to squeeze your cheeks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** off you crazy bastard i have no time idiocy,bigotry and most importantly no need for an imaginary friend im a grown ass man/woman
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    They tend to open with the line, "Do you believe that man alone can solve the problems that this world faces?".

I respond "Unless you're masterminding the most impressive mass-suicide to date, I don't think you can solve those problems..."
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar)
    I get bothered a lot by these evangelical types on the way home near the tube station, and often I'm hassled by people ringing on my door. Sometiems i ignore them but they go inside my porch lately and shout through my postbox saying 'is anyone here?' and it makes me think that its a delivery and it ends up being them. I'm not interested in being converted or chagned to any religion. I have a christian background yet these guys often think that I'm the 'wrong' kind of Christian.

What's a better way of saying eff off? I'm started to get annoyed and it undermines my polite demeanour.
    Throw a bible at their face. or tell them you are god and that you do not approve of their ways.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar)
    I get bothered a lot by these evangelical types on the way home near the tube station, and often I'm hassled by people ringing on my door. Sometiems i ignore them but they go inside my porch lately and shout through my postbox saying 'is anyone here?' and it makes me think that its a delivery and it ends up being them. I'm not interested in being converted or chagned to any religion. I have a christian background yet these guys often think that I'm the 'wrong' kind of Christian.

What's a better way of saying eff off? I'm started to get annoyed and it undermines my polite demeanour.
    I get harassed by Mormons :mad: I'm like Mormon eye candy, I was walking down 2 streets to meet a friend (it was a 5 min walk) 3 groups of Mormons stopped me I just said 'I'm gay and walked away'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say ''Sure , I'll listen to what you have to say, but only after I read a few excerpts from Richard Dawkins' books''.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    They reject the observations of evolution because 'it's only a theory'. If that's how they treat theories, then the same should apply to gravity.
    :facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought Christopher Hitchens' book "God is not Great" back in October before he died. Just 10 minutes after buying it two holy people my age asked me what I thought about the holy father :lol:

I opened my bag, showed them the book and told them I had just bought the book and that he was an inspiration to me. I looked back up to them, told them to have a nice day and walked on.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noisy06)
    :facepalm2:
    It's a joke to confuse them and make them go away.
    How are you not getting that?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I think most probably we should just leave the argument at that and get back on to the topic of the thread.

Noisy is right in saying that the joke wasn't a very well thought out one as even cavemen would have realized that jumping off a cliff would seriously injure them but they had no grasp of gravity however the point everyone is trying to make, noisy, is exactly that... that it was a JOKE! perhaps you analysed it a bit far.

Anyway, on topic: I had some mormons turn up at my door one day and was feeling cocky so decided to let them in and show them the similarities between the events in the bible and astronomy, or in other words, anthropomorphic worship ! They left in awe, one returned home from his mission early and left the church and no more mormons ever turned up again... they dont love me

EDIT: I got a message asking what similarities. In the interest of time and effort, may I direct you to this video if you are interested in the topic. You cant make a rational decision without looking at all the evidence, no? :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE
    VERY good documentary, and only 25mins long I would recommend that everyone watches it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    Anyway, on topic: I had some mormons turn up at my door one day and was feeling cocky so decided to let them in and show them the similarities between the events in the bible and astronomy, or sun worship! They left in awe, one returned home from his mission early and left the church and no more mormons ever turned up again... they dont love me
    Quite impressive if true. How do you know he left the church?

Ever thought of standing outside churches with a megaphone?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    Quite impressive if true. How do you know he left the church?
    My grand parents and great grand parents are mormons, my mum was brought up mormon and I argued her out of her religion. My grandparents and their bishop had a meeting with me after the missionary went home and explained what happened and how it was so wrong of me. I just said they were ignorant and left because I get annoyed at ignorant people haha.

(Original post by green.tea)
    Ever thought of standing outside churches with a megaphone?
    I'm only 17 still, maybe some day I will pluck up the courage to argue with the idiots. Though they do say never to do that since they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to the letterbox and piss through it?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they shouted through my letter box, I'd be seething.

No need to be polite, tell them in no uncertain terms that their beliefs offend you, and they better **** off before you call the police for tresspassing and harassment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel like you guys are harrassing me, can you leave me alone please.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Updated: June 30, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.