Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tumblr Meetup - is is worth it to make new friends?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm lonely and have essentially next to no friends. I was wondering if any of you have any past positive experiences of meeting up with fellow tumblrs? I personally don't like the site very much but I'd be willing to attend a meet-up just to make new friends ;__;
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is getting raped "worth it"?

Depends who rapes you I guess.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a tumblr blog? Maybe ask if any of your followers are going to the meetup so you hang with them and then introduce yourself to the other bloggers. Depending on how many people go to the meetup, it could be quite successful and you may make some friends. Maybe don't mention how much you dislike the site though, since most tumblr users are very... passionate about the site haha.

Oh and stick to all those safety rules about meeting strangers off the internet.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tumblr is full of weirdos and obsessive young teens and children. Steer clear, and for heavens sake avoid at all cost merging it with real life. If you don't like the site, I doubt you'd like the people you meet from there...
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peak...:rofl2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txo)
    Do you have a tumblr blog? Maybe ask if any of your followers are going to the meetup so you hang with them and then introduce yourself to the other bloggers. Depending on how many people go to the meetup, it could be quite successful and you may make some friends. Maybe don't mention how much you dislike the site though, since most tumblr users are very... passionate about the site haha.

Oh and stick to all those safety rules about meeting strangers off the internet.
    I don't even have a tumblr blog I just want to use tumblr as a tool to meet new people. Oh yes, I'd be fairly safe considering I'm a 17 year old male and the event is mainly filled with 16-18 year old girls and a few guys as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be weird to turn up if you don't have a blog.
    You could make one now, turn up to the meetup and tell everyone you're new to the site and you're looking to make friends with fellow blogggers?

Just out of interest which meetup are you going to?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txo)
    I think it would be weird to turn up if you don't have a blog.
    You could make one now, turn up to the meetup and tell everyone you're new to the site and you're looking to make friends with fellow blogggers?

Just out of interest which meetup are you going to?
    The London one tomorrow. And that's what I now intend on doing I've already befriended a fellow female whom is close in age to me, so I have some sort of company, providing she doesn't find me physically repulsive.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck for tomorrow then!
    I hear there's usually a lot of people who go to the London one so you're bound to make friends.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm !i personally wouldn't risk it ,you never know how these people might think or act like ,but if are very keen to go then make sure its in an open area ,such a coffee shop or anything similar !

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.