The Student Room Group

Decent Unis That Are Typically Overlooked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sir Fox
Dundee. University with the highest student satisfaction in the UK according to the times, one of the best universities for molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics, medicine etc., its art school is supposed to be in the top three, it has one of the best student unions ...

this! everyone at my school laughs when people apply to Dundee because apparently it's awful. People just judge it without ever going there from the stupid nickname of "Scumdee"
Reply 41
Original post by EGjeff
A lot of it depends on subject, Coventry for example (where I studied) - very middle of the park in terms of overall ranking and gets overlooked as being 'that grey pit' in the Midlands, but for automotive engineering / design, graphic design, international security, journalism it is exceptionally well regarded within those fields. Chief designers at both Lotus and the Ferrari F1 team went to Coventry, as well as a number of senior folk at the MOD and the BBC. All depends on what you want to do.

I can vouch for that! As many of us out of my friendship group are ex cov students we all have jobs and no one from the likes of leeds sheffield etc have any decent job at all... For what we studied Cov has great links into industry hense the jobs
Soas
Liverpool QUB and (especially) Glasgow - because of outdated perceptions about each of the relevant cities.

Quick Reply

Latest