The Student Room Group

What are you most looking forward to at university?

Scroll to see replies

- Moving out.
- Meeting new people.
- A new city to experience.
- Starting the course.
- I can become much more independent.
- To really become me as a person and much more confident.
Original post by emmily95
Oooh nice! My first choice I think for 2013 entry is Uni of leeds to do graphic communication. Then my other choices are Northumbria, Leeds Met, Edinburgh & Norwich!

Oh cool.. Have you been to visit any of them yet? I'd advise you to reserve judgement until then if not. I have a friend at Leeds doing psychology and she loves it there! Pretty tough to get in so good luck! I think she said her offer was AAB. UEA is supposed to be really lovely, I have a friend going there who has friends there already and apparently they all love it and it's 'the place to be'. I think they won the student choice award or something? Basically meaning that it's the best loved university in the country (probably UK) according to the students.

It's annoying that I was so restricted by my fussiness regarding the course lol I didn't want to do straight psychology, I wanted it to be related to criminals but I don't like criminology and I wasn't keen on the description of the forensic psychology courses either. The only two universities I found (in the SE) that offered psychology with criminal behaviour were southampton solent and bedfordshire. I LOVED solent but the facilities were awful.
Original post by Sniggey
Och, the lochaber area's beautiful. I'll swap places with you if you want :lol: Aye, september will be absolutely amazing! I've heard only good things from people who were in the year above me, apparently fresher's week is unforgettable. Of course, then comes all the work... What have you applied for?

The town itself is very beautiful, especially on a sunny day. It's some of the people in the town that really piss me off sometimes. Without sounding like a stalker, where about do you live?

Freshers week does look really cool! My last one at college was a bit naff so hopefully it will be a bit better.
I'm leaving my Xbox behind so I'll actually get some work done :wink: Oh and I'm gonna be studying Psychology with Interactive Entertainment (basically, Psychology and video gaming :biggrin:) at Glasgow Caledonian. What about you?
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
:eek: It is not a spelling mistake!! It is the pinnacle of pharmacy-related wit. :wink:

It was the best I could do...:colondollar:

Laughed heartily afterwards. I acknowledge 'tis a witty joke, altho I'm hardly a great judge . . . :-)
Original post by PardonMyFrench96
Laughed heartily afterwards. I acknowledge 'tis a witty joke, altho I'm hardly a great judge . . . :-)

Aw, that's nice. :smile: :lol: Haha, neither am I, pretty much the wittiest thing I've ever come up with. My friends are better at this than I am.
Reply 145
Bonding with a group of loveable misfits and having all kinds of wacky adventures.
Reply 146
Original post by Miss Trololol
The town itself is very beautiful, especially on a sunny day. It's some of the people in the town that really piss me off sometimes. Without sounding like a stalker, where about do you live?

Freshers week does look really cool! My last one at college was a bit naff so hopefully it will be a bit better.
I'm leaving my Xbox behind so I'll actually get some work done :wink: Oh and I'm gonna be studying Psychology with Interactive Entertainment (basically, Psychology and video gaming :biggrin:) at Glasgow Caledonian. What about you?

Far west Glasgow, the desolate area of Yoker to be precise. My surroundings are nowhere near as impressive as yours, I'd love to be able to look up at Nevis everyday :tongue:

I know a good number of people going to Cali, they're all looking forward to it as well :biggrin: Your course sounds really cool! What, do you study how video gaming affects people's minds?

I'm doing Marine & Freshwater Biology at Glasgow. I had no idea what I wanted to do at uni until about a year ago, and I'd thought science would be best for me. I saw this course and thought 'hey, I've always liked sharks and whales and fishing! This must be interesting!' Not the most practical way to decide which degree you'll be studying for I admit :redface:
Making new friends because the ones that I have atm are so unreliable and fake, people always say that the friends you make at uni will stay with you forever. Learning and gaining more independence.
Making new friends, meeting new people, being able to concentrate and put more time into gym and my diet. Im also looking forward to starting my course and graduating with the highest grade possible. I feel im prepared to put the work in, and will do so as needed. Need to keep focus though..
Reply 149
Studying something I actually want to study, being able to smoke what I want without having to hide it, new place & new faces.
Reply 150
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Making new friends because the ones that I have atm are so unreliable and fake, people always say that the friends you make at uni will stay with you forever. Learning and gaining more independence.

I know right, this. I feel like most of my friends up to now have just been circumstantial and thus not that great. I'd like to change that at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending