Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AS and/or BTEC?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which is best?...
    BTEC Level 3 in TV & Film Production
    AS Applied Media communicaton and Production
    or both combined.

The College I'm attending from September has enrolled me on BTEC Level 3 TV & Film Production and NCFE Level 2 Moving Image Production.
    But they have said I can do the AS course alongside if I want.

Thanks for reading.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HardyBoy)
    -
    As I have learnt from experience, A-levels are more looked upon highly by universities.

If you do A-levels you're keeping your options open for what you can do in the future, if you choose BTEC you're limiting yourself to only that certain area. So if you happen to change your mind about your career halfway through the BTEC course (which I did), you're screwed. I would recommend taking A-levels or at least a combination of both as it keeps your options open in case you change you mind, which is very possible, believe me! Even if you think your decision is set in stone, there is a chance it will change.

Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsaul95)
    As I have learnt from experience, A-levels are more looked upon highly by universities.

If you do A-levels you're keeping your options open for what you can do in the future, if you choose BTEC you're limiting yourself to only that certain area. So if you happen to change your mind about your career halfway through the BTEC course (which I did), you're screwed. I would recommend taking A-levels or at least a combination of both as it keeps your options open in case you change you mind, which is very possible, believe me! Even if you think your decision is set in stone, there is a chance it will change.

Good luck!
    Yeah, I think I should do both, to keep my options open. The content is similar but slightly different and quite often A-levels are more valued. Hopefully I will gain more via home study. So I will have BTECs and A-levels so whatever happens I'm sorted.

4 BTECs, 3 AS levels and 2 A-levels is the intention, hopefully it will go well.

Thanks for your reply.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.