Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found a camera

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I picked up a camera in a taxi last night, it was on the seat and I thought it was mine dropped out of my bag as it's exactly the same one but then realised I had two. I've phoned the taxi company and nobody has reported a missing camera to them so now I'm wondering what I should do with it? I want to get it back to the owner because it has pictures of a school prom on it. But no idea where to start? Take it to the police station? Upload a picture off it to facebook to see if anyone can identify the person in the picture?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could use this site to see if the owner of it has actually uploaded pictures onto a site like Flickr. Then you could try and contact him/her.

http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can you identify the school from anything in the pictures?

Facebooks a good idea.

If the pics are dated could you phone schools in the area, explain and ask if their prom was on that date and then direct your facebooking accordingly?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamboogy)
    You could use this site to see if the owner of it has actually uploaded pictures onto a site like Flickr. Then you could try and contact him/her.

http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/
    thanks i did it but no luck, ive reported it found on that anyway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i guess you should return it to the closest police station to where go got on. its nice to see we have good humans on this sinful planet.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    Can you identify the school from anything in the pictures?

Facebooks a good idea.

If the pics are dated could you phone schools in the area, explain and ask if their prom was on that date and then direct your facebooking accordingly?
    I know which school prom it was because it was all over facebook last night! But I have no idea who the people in the pictures are. I'm wary about just putting the pictures of facebook and meeting with someone if anyone claims it because it might not be theirs. Unfortunately the school is shut until Monday now, and I'm pretty sure all the kids have left school after their exams now anwyay so they wouldn't report it to the school. I also don't want somebody to think I stole it.. It was a genuine mistake otherwise I'd of handed it to the taxi driver but on the other hand he could have just nabbed it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ifoundyourcamera.net/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    I know which school prom it was because it was all over facebook last night! But I have no idea who the people in the pictures are. I'm wary about just putting the pictures of facebook and meeting with someone if anyone claims it because it might not be theirs. Unfortunately the school is shut until Monday now, and I'm pretty sure all the kids have left school after their exams now anwyay so they wouldn't report it to the school. I also don't want somebody to think I stole it.. It was a genuine mistake otherwise I'd of handed it to the taxi driver but on the other hand he could have just nabbed it.
    If you take it to the school they should know who the people are and still have contact details. I doubt theyd think you stole it but you could always mail it to them with a note.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    If you take it to the school they should know who the people are and still have contact details. I doubt theyd think you stole it but you could always mail it to them with a note.
    Yeah I might do that. Wish I'd thought of that sooner then I could of taken it today! The poor person whos it is must be going mad. :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you're making the effort to return it to its owner I think returning it to the school so they can put it in the lost property/email students/give it to the head of year is a good idea. They don't have to reveal the model of camera as the student can step forward, describe it, and be reunited!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvcxxx)
    I'm glad you're making the effort to return it to its owner I think returning it to the school so they can put it in the lost property/email students/give it to the head of year is a good idea. They don't have to reveal the model of camera as the student can step forward, describe it, and be reunited!
    My sister had a look through the pictures and she knew some of the people in it because they were the year below her in school. We live in a pretty small place and I knew that school had had it's prom that night. Found the girl whose it is and given it back to her Full of prom pictures as well, so it's lucky I found it because anyone else who might've found it might not have given it back. I know how it feels though because I lost my phone!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 2, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.