The Student Room Group

The (un)Official 2011/2012 Access to HE - First Year Uni Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Our tutors didn't say anything about a confirmation letter at all, just that we'll get out certificates "sometime" in August. But they don't know when. Oh well, hopefully as long as the moderators don't think my work was horrific in comparison to my grades, I should be going to Exeter to take geography :biggrin: I've been getting really quite nervous lately that I'm just going to crash and burn at uni, be unable to keep up with any of the work and fail horribly...I suppose I'm lucky that the library is open 24/7 there; I've been quite excited about that XD No reason to say that I don't have enough time to study.
We got access to law results today. 60 credits at distinction! I've surpassed my offer so am definitely (wranglings with student finance aside) heading to University of Leeds to study law in September :-D
Completed Access to Business. Will be going to Kingston studying Business Management with industrial placement.

Congratulations to everyone. I'm so excited to start. Counting down the days. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
Passed Access to Education, student finance sorted, just waiting on my tutor to send confirmation letter and I'm off (round the corner) to Chester Uni to study Education Studies and English Language. September can't come quick enough.......
Reply 44
Original post by Psmith1975
Passed Access to Education, student finance sorted, just waiting on my tutor to send confirmation letter and I'm off (round the corner) to Chester Uni to study Education Studies and English Language. September can't come quick enough.......

chester is my insurance :biggrin: Hopefully the summer will fly by REALLY REALLY FAST! can't wait to get stuck in! : D
Reply 45
Oh here we go again, the negger is back. Maybe one of the members can see who it is and ask them what the matter is.

*Waits patiently for my next little red minus*
Hi everyone.
I have just completed my access to humanities and social science course with 60 distinctions. Today I received a commendation letter from my college and sent this to the University as my certificate and transcript are not due to arrive until August. I have just logged into track after receiving an email and it now states unconditional!!! So I will definitely be studying Psychology at University this September :smile:
Original post by Determined*
Hi everyone.
I have just completed my access to humanities and social science course with 60 distinctions. Today I received a commendation letter from my college and sent this to the University as my certificate and transcript are not due to arrive until August. I have just logged into track after receiving an email and it now states unconditional!!! So I will definitely be studying Psychology at University this September :smile:

Well done and good luck
Original post by evening sunrise
Well done and good luck

Thank you. I hope that everything goes well for you at University as well :smile:
Reply 49
Why has my confirmation letter not arrived, when EVERYONE else has theirs? Hmm? I so want it just to get that unconditional firm!
Reply 50
Original post by Elle408
Why has my confirmation letter not arrived, when EVERYONE else has theirs? Hmm? I so want it just to get that unconditional firm!

I'm still waiting too. My results were posted to the university last Monday and I'm still waiting.
Reply 51
Original post by jami74
I'm still waiting too. My results were posted to the university last Monday and I'm still waiting.

I am still waiting as well, so impatient! My tutor, was great as a teacher his knowledge was phenomenal, but as a personal tutor not the most efficient, he has promised to get the letters out by this week, so anytime now!

My uni are chasing as well, and have set a deadline of 10 August (I suppose to get it out the way before A level results come through)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
Reply 52
I've just completed my Access course (English, Writing, and Media) and will be studying Creative Writing at Shefiled Hallam in September. That's if they ever give me that illusive 'U' on UCAS. My tutor sent my results sheet to Hallam about three weeks ago now. I'm too impatient for this waiting game! I want to know which halls I'll be living in!

Guess it's back to refreshing hotmail like a maniac.
Reply 53
For those that are still waiting for their UCAS to be updated, it may be worth sending an email to the relevant admissions people asking them for an update. My college sent across my results and I emailed them too. It took about 4 days for them to unconditional me.:smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Cyclo
For those that are still waiting for their UCAS to be updated, it may be worth sending an email to the relevant admissions people asking them for an update. My college sent across my results and I emailed them too. It took about 4 days for them to unconditional me.:smile:

Thanks, I've just emailed them asking if they have recieved my results and got an automatic response so hopefully I'll get a human response tomorrow.
Reply 55
Original post by jami74
Thanks, I've just emailed them asking if they have recieved my results and got an automatic response so hopefully I'll get a human response tomorrow.

Do all Access course results get automatically sent from the college to UCAS? or will i have to wait untill august to see the unconditional offer :frown: I want to start buying things for uni!
Reply 56
Access Social Science & Humanities. Off to do history at York St John and I can't ****ing wait!

Our results got postponed though, get mine in 2 days!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by RinniieX
Do all Access course results get automatically sent from the college to UCAS? or will i have to wait untill august to see the unconditional offer :frown: I want to start buying things for uni!

No. Access course results do not go through UCAS, they have to be sent direct to the university who will then inform UCAS.

We gave our tutor an address where we wanted our results sent (ie the admissions address for our first choice uni) but it seems lots of other people here have either posted or emailed their results themselves.

Our 'results' are just a transcript of what we have achieved on the access course, I think we get a proper certificate at some point which we will show the university when we enrol.
Reply 58
Original post by jami74
No. Access course results do not go through UCAS, they have to be sent direct to the university who will then inform UCAS.

We gave our tutor an address where we wanted our results sent (ie the admissions address for our first choice uni) but it seems lots of other people here have either posted or emailed their results themselves.

Our 'results' are just a transcript of what we have achieved on the access course, I think we get a proper certificate at some point which we will show the university when we enrol.

eitherway i have to wait untill mid august for mine, and I am not going to any kind of ceremony to get a certificate which i think the college i went to are doing because i do not want to see anyone i studied with so i wish they would just send it all to me in the post haha
Reply 59
Original post by RinniieX
eitherway i have to wait untill mid august for mine, and I am not going to any kind of ceremony to get a certificate which i think the college i went to are doing because i do not want to see anyone i studied with so i wish they would just send it all to me in the post haha

This seems a bit odd. As Jami74 said there's a copy of results produced pretty much right at the end of the course (just after the moderators have been given about a week to go over them). I sat with my tutor as she put my results together in an excel table and emailed the admissions people at uni. I then sent an email to the uni confirming my results had been submitted by my college. Four days later I had my unconditional.

I am pretty sure your results will be ready to collect. It's just the certificate that we will all have to wait for in August/September time after the exam board have checked over the course content itself and approved or made constructive comments on the tutoring :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending