Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friends want to go camping...

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robinson's_Crusade)
    Honestly, the latter - I really do hate camping. Alternatively, I could try and persuade them to go for a different holiday...

No, it involved many things I don't like (such as this. )
    lol ok i was going to say it would be similar to that :P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really compute. I love going camping and lying with my back to the surface of the planet with only a fraction of a mm of nylon between me and the stars (atmosphere doesn't count cos you can't see it

But i guess if you don't want to go, don't go.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, if your going somewhere that is well known then that is okay, but outside toilet? It's probably going to be in a forest somewhere. What toilet? The outside is your toilet...

That said, not sure if I could really enjoy myself camping, but it would be nice I guess with a few friends around a fire etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you feel this strongly then maybe try and subtly offer alternatives for you and your friends to do.

If they really want to go camping then put your worries aside and have a good time with your friends!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners.

Take the monopoly!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    man up and go camping. Also get a good tent and sleeping bag else you'll suffer needlessly! I highly recommend a goose down sleeping back. I have a terra nova tent but north face is good, avoid cheapie asda/argos tents. As for stove, avoid the ones with the built in lighter - they're a gimmick!

any camping gear questions let me know - i love camping and have the full gear
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate camping too - it always rains and we spend the whole week miserable and soggy.
    Perhaps try and persuade your friends to do something else. If they were planning on camping in the middle of some forest, try and persuade them to do to a good camping site with decent facilities - living without a shower or proper toilet for several days is unbearable.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just don't go?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about agreeing to camp but finding a more luxurious site, with proper toilets, hot showers etc? Get a good make of tent and for keeping warm at night i recommend getting a fleecy sleeping bag liner and using that as a sleeping bag then opening your sleeping bag out and using it as a duvet. And have the same number of layers beneath you as you do on top, if not more below.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.