The Student Room Group

Business Management vs Business Economics vs ?

TSR, I want your opinions on something.

I'm currently at Glasgow Uni, studying: Economics, Politics and History. As I'm going into my second year (time flies!) in September, I'll have the chance to drop one of these subjects and take up another in it's place.

Now, when I started university, I was convinced that I would go down a humanities sort of route in my study as I didn't feel I could really achieve in another field. Studying English soon got a bit dull for me though and against the advice of my advisor of studies, I took up Economics. Bit of a leap, I know but it's completely changed my perspective on what I want to study at degree level and on my career path. I actually enjoy studying it and find it fresh and interesting for a change.

I want to drop History next year and take either Business Management or Business Economics in its place. My question is: which would you recommend? I like the sound of both but looking at the prospectus, I think that Business Economics will only be covering my first year Economics modules. Is there more to it, or are the two strikingly similar for the first year or two?

Or should I be looking at something like Accounting? My maths is decent but I didn't do it at A-Level (big mistake really...), though there are free evening courses at uni, meaning that I could play catch up.

Any advice would be well appreciated, cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Anyone? :colondollar:
Reply 2
The maths would apply more to economics courses rather than accounting, which more numerical categorisation rather than maths.

I guess since you liked Economics so much - chose Biz Econs.
Reply 3
Original post by Zenomorph
The maths would apply more to economics courses rather than accounting, which more numerical categorisation rather than maths.

I guess since you liked Economics so much - chose Biz Econs.

Ahh, I see... Might look a bit more into that route then if that's the case.
Cheers for the help mate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest