Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Business Management vs Business Economics vs ?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR, I want your opinions on something.

I'm currently at Glasgow Uni, studying: Economics, Politics and History. As I'm going into my second year (time flies!) in September, I'll have the chance to drop one of these subjects and take up another in it's place.

Now, when I started university, I was convinced that I would go down a humanities sort of route in my study as I didn't feel I could really achieve in another field. Studying English soon got a bit dull for me though and against the advice of my advisor of studies, I took up Economics. Bit of a leap, I know but it's completely changed my perspective on what I want to study at degree level and on my career path. I actually enjoy studying it and find it fresh and interesting for a change.

I want to drop History next year and take either Business Management or Business Economics in its place. My question is: which would you recommend? I like the sound of both but looking at the prospectus, I think that Business Economics will only be covering my first year Economics modules. Is there more to it, or are the two strikingly similar for the first year or two?

Or should I be looking at something like Accounting? My maths is decent but I didn't do it at A-Level (big mistake really...), though there are free evening courses at uni, meaning that I could play catch up.

Any advice would be well appreciated, cheers!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The maths would apply more to economics courses rather than accounting, which more numerical categorisation rather than maths.

I guess since you liked Economics so much - chose Biz Econs.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenomorph)
    The maths would apply more to economics courses rather than accounting, which more numerical categorisation rather than maths.

I guess since you liked Economics so much - chose Biz Econs.
    Ahh, I see... Might look a bit more into that route then if that's the case.
    Cheers for the help mate

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.