Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you NOT looking forward to at university?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by the opposite thread.

Maybe we can all share tips to overcome these problems
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The work.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worrying about finances and being mugged cus LSE is like top 5 in is league table for students getting mugged and being victims of crime? I think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liver Failure
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Being an idiot. I'm not actually that intelligent, I can just memorise things. Mostly quotes. Yes, because that will help me in a pharmacy degree...But yeah, basically not looking forward to being faced with how dimwitted I really am.

The workload. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it's necessary so I'd better get stuck in.

Fire alarms. From the sound of it, they go off all the bloody time. I hate the sound of them.

Having virtually no money because I don't know how to manage my money very well at all.

Having to eat my own cooking every day. Eugh.

The fact that I'll have to use subterfuge and deception to have a normal student social life, being 17. :lol:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    staying focused and motivated :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not keeping up with the workload, worrying about money, being mugged for what little i'll have then having to worry MORE about money... and i'll probably be the youngest person out of all the first years, or at least in the bottom 5
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    snobby posh twits
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Annoying and boring people and failing

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The constant work.
    Lack of money.
    Listening to people boast of how rich they are/how drunk they got/ generally how they are gods gift.
    Not seeing mates/family from back home as regularly.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i know this sounds a bit weird and sad but- making friends.
    sometimes i think "hell yeah i'll make loads!" but other times i think i'll arrive in my room, sit on my bed and shake and quiver at the prospect of people coming into my room.

also- i don't really do the whole drinking scene, so i dont fancy being dragged out to bars etc in freshers week.
    oh yeah, and- my subject is quite 'unpopular' in the sense that not many people do it (yup its languages) and the other people in my year doing it may be humungous w*****s.

EDIT:woah what's making this so popular? the fact i sound like a potential loser or the fact that i mentioned the word w*****s?
    EDIT 2: Seriously. This is getting weird.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Travelling up and down every day.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caity-lou)
    Not keeping up with the workload, worrying about money, being mugged for what little i'll have then having to worry MORE about money... and i'll probably be the youngest person out of all the first years, or at least in the bottom 5
    How old are you? There's a guy at my school, really nice actually but I'm not sure he's even 17 yet. Or did he just turn 17 at the beginning of the month...I forget. Anyway, we're in the same year so he's just left 6th year at 16. Poor guy. Don't envy him at all. I'm worried enough and I'm only going to be 17 for the first term.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meeting people who I don't get on with! That's my biggest fear. I don't want to be clashing with anyone while i'm trying to get on with my life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worried that I might not even make my grades lol. And if I do, the massive let down when I realise it wasn't all it was drummed up to be. Then when I graduate in 2015 and realise the economy was in a worse position than when I started, hopefully Labour get in that year and implement some Keynesian economics
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna-chipie 95)
    i know this sounds a bit weird and sad but- making friends.
    sometimes i think "hell yeah i'll make loads!" but other times i think i'll arrive in my room, sit on my bed and shake and quiver at the prospect of people coming into my room.

also- i don't really do the whole drinking scene, so i dont fancy being dragged out to bars etc in freshers week.
    oh yeah, and- my subject is quite 'unpopular' in the sense that not many people do it (yup its languages) and the other people in my year doing it may be humungous w*****s.
    I'm not really into the whole drinking thing either! and languages is cool
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RacheyTV)
    I'm not really into the whole drinking thing either! and languages is cool
    well thats one person... can i just ask, where were you thinking of going?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaadau121)
    snobby posh twits
    That too
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna-chipie 95)
    well thats one person... can i just ask, where were you thinking of going?
    I studied French and Spanish at school (got very confusing at times) haha. Hope to pick it up at university again.

I've been accepted to study TV production at Westminster what about you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    How old are you? There's a guy at my school, really nice actually but I'm not sure he's even 17 yet. Or did he just turn 17 at the beginning of the month...I forget. Anyway, we're in the same year so he's just left 6th year at 16. Poor guy. Don't envy him at all. I'm worried enough and I'm only going to be 17 for the first term.
    I'm 17, and i don't turn 18 until after the xmas hols

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.