The Student Room Group

What are you NOT looking forward to at university?

Scroll to see replies

Student Halls flatmates are my biggest concern. I'm sharing with a flat of lassies and I never seem to get on well with other chicks because some of my interests are quite "boyish" I suppose. I'm worried I'll end up being the outcast of the flat. which would make living there really awkward :frown:

Also money.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
- Not seeing my dog everyday :bawling: I don't care how lame that sounds..!

- Not seeing my twin everyday :eek:

- Being dragged out to bars and clubs in freshers week.

- The massive uncertainty. Will I make friends, will the people on my course be nice, have I chosen the right course, will I get on with the people in my flat, the list goes on :sigh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Flatmates who make loads of noise all night, I'm a really light sleeper :s-smilie:
Reply 63
Original post by emilie18
-

- Not seeing my twin everyday :eek:

Don't worry, most rooms have mirrors in!
This is less what I'm not looking forward to and more what I'm worried about but...

- not liking the clubbing thing. I really like to get drunk but I've never liked big crowds and bad music. I'd rather just get pissed and play stupid games with friends than go to parties and stuff.
- Being shy, not making friends/finding some kind of group
- Obnoxious 'lad' banter.
- Obnoxious posh kids.
- Getting lost/confused and not knowing where the hell to go or what to do.

Hopefully none of that happens though haha.
Reply 65
Original post by KyraBloke
Don't worry, most rooms have mirrors in!

:awesome:

Haha this made me laugh!
My twin's actually the total opposite of me looks-wise, but thanks for the suggestion :wink:
Needing to be sociable all the time. I can only keep it up a few hours at a time, lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 67
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Ah, awesome. :smile: What are you going to study? A guy I know is going to Edinburgh, he's lovely when he's sober, his drunken alter-ego is chaos personified. :lol: That's good then. :smile: I love Edinburgh, it's such a great city! Haha, no, I'm really excited to go. Yeah, they do, so seeing as I live in Scotland it's going to be too far to visit (part of the appeal to be honest :tongue:) and with the extra year of school in England, everyone will be over 18 more or less. I'm going to be such a baby! :bawling:

Chaos is awesome, there can be no fun without chaos of some sort! xD I'm going to study English Literature (though i'll probably do a bit of Scottish too) What about you? That's what my big brother thought when he went all the way down to Bath xD We barely saw him and didn't know he'd run off to Berlin until 3 weeks after he'd left. xD *sigh* I'm really hoping age won't be that much of a barrier... as long as the people are nice... it shouldn't matter too much? :/
Original post by Caity-lou
Chaos is awesome, there can be no fun without chaos of some sort! xD I'm going to study English Literature (though i'll probably do a bit of Scottish too) What about you? That's what my big brother thought when he went all the way down to Bath xD We barely saw him and didn't know he'd run off to Berlin until 3 weeks after he'd left. xD *sigh* I'm really hoping age won't be that much of a barrier... as long as the people are nice... it shouldn't matter too much? :/

No, seriously, he's a disaster. Can be lovely when he wants to be though. Ah, you probably won't run into him then, pretty sure he's doing some kind of science degree. Sounds good, sometimes I wish I was going to study English Literature, perhaps going down the sciency route was a bad idea...I nearly went to Bath for uni, I love the city so, so much. Almost as much as Norwich. That's a lie, I love them equally, but in different ways. :lol: Oh wow, so he just randomly went to Berlin? I fancy doing that...you've given me ideas. Yeah, I'm hoping it won't. Only issue for me is that I'm short and look about 14, typical student life will be interesting. :tongue: Lie, lie, lie, that's my strategy. :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
No, seriously, he's a disaster. Can be lovely when he wants to be though. Ah, you probably won't run into him then, pretty sure he's doing some kind of science degree. Sounds good, sometimes I wish I was going to study English Literature, perhaps going down the sciency route was a bad idea...I nearly went to Bath for uni, I love the city so, so much. Almost as much as Norwich. That's a lie, I love them equally, but in different ways. :lol: Oh wow, so he just randomly went to Berlin? I fancy doing that...you've given me ideas. Yeah, I'm hoping it won't. Only issue for me is that I'm short and look about 14, typical student life will be interesting. :tongue: Lie, lie, lie, that's my strategy. :wink:

A couple of my friends are going to do sciencey-type degrees there so there's still a chance :wink: I left sciences after my Highers and never looked back xD after the hell some of my friends went through at times, i was so glad xD and yeah, he just packed his stuff and went. Twice (without telling us). He's over there again now, this is his fourth trip over there i think xD Ahh i can see where that might be a problem xD sounds like a good strategy hahaha :wink:
A couple of my friends are going to do sciencey-type degrees there so there's still a chance :wink: I left sciences after my Highers and never looked back xD after the hell some of my friends went through at times, i was so glad xD and yeah, he just packed his stuff and went. Twice (without telling us). He's over there again now, this is his fourth trip over there i think xD Ahh i can see where that might be a problem xD sounds like a good strategy hahaha :wink:

Haha, maybe you will. That would be funny. Good idea. Advanced Higher sciences were hell. Loved them, but they were hell. And I miss English and Drama and German so badly. :bawling: There are disadvantages to loving everything. Fantastic, I want to do that too!!! Blimey. Your brother sounds hilarious. Well, probably not to you, if he vanishes without word.
Reply 71
Haha, maybe you will. That would be funny. Good idea. Advanced Higher sciences were hell. Loved them, but they were hell. And I miss English and Drama and German so badly. :bawling: There are disadvantages to loving everything. Fantastic, I want to do that too!!! Blimey. Your brother sounds hilarious. Well, probably not to you, if he vanishes without word.

Indeedy xD I did AH English, H German and H music and some units of H Photography this year. And i do drama stuff.. a bit weird eh? xD And no, at first we were really scared and i contacted a load of his friends to try and find him, but i can see the funny side of it now xD
Indeedy xD I did AH English, H German and H music and some units of H Photography this year. And i do drama stuff.. a bit weird eh? xD And no, at first we were really scared and i contacted a load of his friends to try and find him, but i can see the funny side of it now xD

Higher German. :love: :love: :love:

I'm going to text my old German class, I've decided a reunion is required...:yep: I didn't know you could do Higher Photography, that's really cool, what do you do for that then? I'd be terrified if that was my brother. It's the kind of thing which is really scary when it happens, but makes a great story after.

Drama stuff isn't weird, it's amazing. I miss drama, if the acting society at uni clashes with my timetable then I will storm off in a Shakespearean rage.
The bane of every student's life......9AM lectures! :rolleyes:
Reply 74
Original post by Solid.Snake
The bane of every student's life......9AM lectures! :rolleyes:

**** NO
I'm 17, and i don't turn 18 until after the xmas hols

Same...except I turn 18 on Christmas Day. :tongue:
Original post by anna-chipie 95
i know this sounds a bit weird and sad but- making friends.
sometimes i think "hell yeah i'll make loads!" but other times i think i'll arrive in my room, sit on my bed and shake and quiver at the prospect of people coming into my room.

also- i don't really do the whole drinking scene, so i dont fancy being dragged out to bars etc in freshers week.
oh yeah, and- my subject is quite 'unpopular' in the sense that not many people do it (yup its languages) and the other people in my year doing it may be humungous w*****s.

Agreed. Except for the whole unpopular subject thing. Mine is a stupidly popular degree with lots of pretentious people who will look down on me with my inferior state school education, and my pronounciation of 'scone' as s-con.
Original post by {Unregistered}
Same...except I turn 18 on Christmas Day. :tongue:

Ouch. Your birthday isn't long before mine, mine's in the middle of the Christmas holidays! :lol:

Whereabouts are you going to uni?
Original post by Brownie anyone?
Agreed. Except for the whole unpopular subject thing. Mine is a stupidly popular degree with lots of pretentious people who will look down on me with my inferior state school education, and my pronounciation of 'scone' as s-con.

I will challenge anyone who rhymes "scone" with "cone" to a duel. :fight: I have a posh accent, or so I'm told, but it's still a s-con.

/pronunciation rant
Looking after myself... I can't work a washing machine. Ok, I can. But my clothes will end up ruined after the first wash.

Quick Reply