University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Which are the best halls at Salford? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TashaEH

Original post by TashaEH
Yeah, I chose Bronte, there's not a map of where they all are in relation to each other, but they are all grouped together, you may have to choose at random which house you would like or base it on the people in each flat x x x

Ahh Okay! :smile: what are you studying? I think im going to randomly pick one! I dont want to be with 2nd year students though really! id rather be with all the freshers :smile: xxxx
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by AntoniaRose

I've applied for iQ, going to be in Lear House. Thanks everyone!

Im in Lear house too :smile: 6B i think xxx
Reply 42
Original post by Bee1992

Original post by Bee1992
Ahh Okay! :smile: what are you studying? I think im going to randomly pick one! I dont want to be with 2nd year students though really! id rather be with all the freshers :smile: xxxx

I'm going to be studying Biomedical Science, you? and same about wanting to be with freshers? x x x
Reply 43
I've got an offer for popular music at salford, should I apply to the closest one to adelphi? I want to be somewhere with great social aspects but also not too far from where the majority of my course will take place. Any ideas?
Reply 44
Thanks FluffyLion!

Anyone have an advice on which house in iQ to choose?

I have exactly the same question, thinking of booking into IQ this week. I don't want crazy party atmosphere, I've had enough of that. Neither do I want seclusion, so I think IQ would hopefully be a good mix! No idea which block to pick though :confused:

Original post by Shadowball
Hey guys :smile: I live in IQ at the moment in Wordsworth house and it's pretty good :smile: I can get to adelphi in about 20 minutes... and the gym in 10 (Free membership! :biggrin: )
It's pretty cool there, and you can make it as social as you want to be! I'm also living there next year in carroll flat in a hugee room :biggrin: haha.

Jealous! I'd like a big room too but as a first year it looks as though they are all gone or not available to us.. god knows how I'm going to cope with a tiny bed. Do you have any advice tips on IQ in terms of which blocks are good to live in etc?
Reply 45
Bahh, I got impatient and just booked it. Figured It's going to be a lucky dip in terms of who I end up living with anyway so may as well take the plunge now so I know I have somewhere to stay! ... I need to learn how to be a little more calm and collected!

Anyway in IQ. :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by ajbates93
I've got an offer for popular music at salford, should I apply to the closest one to adelphi? I want to be somewhere with great social aspects but also not too far from where the majority of my course will take place. Any ideas?

Dude i've had an offer for the same course, looking at accommodation but not made any solid choices, apparently IQ is 20 minutes from Adelphi, i think the constintine place is right around the corner from the adelphi building as well
Reply 47
lol dude, am i the only person who has applied for Horlock? Seems like the most popular places are Castle Irwell and IQ. i was told castle irwell is really grim
Reply 48
Hi, i'm going to be studying at Salford starting in September 2011.

I'm wondering which accommodation everyone recommends? I'm thinking of IQ, but i'm worried it won't be as social as the rest! Can anyone give me advice? Thanks

OK, not so social sounds good to me lol, i'm all for the parties but not every night as I'm training for a bodybuilding competitition, so which is the most anti-social anyone :smile: ?
Everywere is going to have a good social side to it, especially in freshers week(s)!! I'll be going into my 2nd year at Salford in september, but this past year I've been living at John Lester. Its one of the nicest halls (except IQ) and has 24hour security, so if there is too much noise the security guards come over and have a word, or if you ring them to make a complaint they will quickly see to the situation. The police station is also right next door so theres never any trouble :-)
Reply 50
Hi guys, i have chosen Horlock for my accommodation this september, and everyone seems to have chosen IQ or Castle Irwell? Anyone who hasnt?? :biggrin:
Reply 51
Im thinking of going for Horlock mate, though im looking for a place primarily that i wont be kept up by every1 partying every night, though i am up for gettin wasted alottt :biggrin:

Anyone know of places where every1 isnt going mad every night???
Reply 52
P.s any one any advice on Bramall Court?
Hey i've applied for Constantine court :smile: right next to Horlock which is my 2nd choice!
Reply 54
Was looking at Constantine court aswell, upside is an en suit but more costly!
Do you know if everywhere is mixed sex housing? Hope it is!
Hmm I'm willing to pay extra for it, bit of a clean freak :smile:
I'm pretty sure everywhere is mixed sex housing unless you ask especially for it to be same sex :P
Reply 56
i applied to Horlock and Bramall, and got an offer from Horlock. Question: has anyone else had problems accepting accommodation offers through the website? i cant accept mine, and its nearly the end of the deadline :s
Reply 57
Ive applied for constantine court :smile:
then castle irwell is my second choice, and horlock court is my third.
Reply 58
Original post by melissamurray
I'm staying at iQ.. Shelly house anyone? xx

I'm :smile: 2c :wink:
Original post by raari
Ive applied for constantine court :smile:
then castle irwell is my second choice, and horlock court is my third.

I've applied for the same in the same order :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending