The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Which are the best halls at Salford? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
@Rooney under which school is the env managmen course,am coming over ther and would love to know which hostel is nearest..
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 621
hey ya'll wat wuld ya do? I have an offer of castle Irwel and a maybe for Eddie Coleman.. Wat wuld yu choose,or wat do yu think about these 2 halls?
Reply 622
yaaaaay!!! :dance::clap2::banana: i got me a room at EC.. oh the joy! now me can rest easy.. see you on the 27th :ahee:
what would be the best/closest accomodation for someone doing a master in journalism at salford ?
I'm thinking about applying for iq for September, does anyone know if it's any good? Because it looks it!!
IQ looks good but its SO expensive! I got an unconventional for Media & Performance and I think I'm going to apply to Bramall. Anyone already live there/ is thinking of applying?
Original post by Charl2472
I'm thinking about applying for iq for September, does anyone know if it's any good? Because it looks it!!

Lived in IQ this year, moving out.

Problems I can say is the gym was supposed to be finished when I moved in but is still in construction, (didn't bother me but if gyms your thing) a few flats have had issues with the hobs breaking constantly. Also id watch it if you have a bike, theres been thefts as kids can easily jump the fence.
The bedrooms are nice however and my flatmates are staying here so its got its positives, its cheaper than getting a house!

Would strongly suggest going for a viewing BEFORE you book for IQ because the pictures of communal areas etc that they have on the website are not what they actually look like here. :confused:
I'm going to see tramways tomorrow, does anyone have any thoughts on what its like for freshers, im not that bothered about the distance because im going to be studying at media city anyway, so i know i have to get the bus, but is there anything i should know more about before i book it tomorrow? Also is it good for freshers??!:smile:
Original post by peegeeon
IQ looks good but its SO expensive! I got an unconventional for Media & Performance and I think I'm going to apply to Bramall. Anyone already live there/ is thinking of applying?

Bramall is a **** hole. I recommend visiting the accommodations if you can before you apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing Biology at Salford, got an unconditional offer and have applied for Tramways. Distance to city centre and the uni doesn't bother me. But is Tramways nice? has anyone on here stayed there before?
Hi I'm starting my course at Salford in September and I'll be studying at the Adelphi building, just wondering where the best place for accommodation is and when I can start applying
Hey, I am currently living in John Lester and Eddie Colman Court this year and I found this video, I hope it helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JpauwhL42Y
Original post by CuriousKit123
Hi I'm starting my course at Salford in September and I'll be studying at the Adelphi building, just wondering where the best place for accommodation is and when I can start applying

Hi I currently live in John Lester and Eddie Colman Court in Salford and I have found this video I hope it helps!

I think I'm going to be applying for Tramways.
Edit: Allocated my room, Block E, Flat 06, Room D :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Uniliving
Hi I currently live in John Lester and Eddie Colman Court in Salford and I have found this video I hope it helps!

hi :smile: are the Eddie Colman and John Lester flats good?
Original post by SalfordRep_Adelina
Hiya,

Unfortunately Constantine is now full, I've just checked. Would you be interested in John Lester or Eddie Colman?They're both very close to campus, although not en-suite.

hey, my course is based in the healthcare building. what accommodation would you recommend? id love halls that are quite lively and not too far from the uni :smile:
Is there a lift in Bramall?
Reply 637
Hi im staying in Tramways (if I get the grades) anyone else? Im staying in Block E, Flat 8, Room C...
I'm staying in Eddie Colman - Floor 15, Suite 3, Room A :smile:
Hey is anyone else staying at tramways?
I've been given Block E Flat 5 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending