Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like I'm going to be single forever...jut finished uni...:(

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

My question is: where can I go by myself and meet guys of a similar age?

I'm ready for a real relationship but now I've finished uni and don't have the best social life at home, I feel meeting someone will take years and years...

WHY is it so hard to find decent guys? There in friend corner? Yes, but there also people I'm not attractive to...

Im an attractive girl, just finished uni, left all my uni friends and gone back home where all my 'friends' just want to get drunk all the time, no one wants to do anything unless it involves partying and I don't feel a clubs the best way to meet guys.
    I've had very bad relationships in the past. I met a very attractive guy about 4 months ago at uni, hoped it would develop into something more than 'seeing' each other but it didn't, he turned very nasty and admitted that he had no feelings for me whatsoever, that i was 'just a number' to him and that he only saw me for sex when he was bored. Im the type of girl that gets attached to people I have sex with and still have feelings for him and miss him, I try to keep in touch but he's not interested and doesn't even reply and has since slept with other girls. Im obviously pretty hurt by this...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care so much about having 'someone' right now?

If I may be so bold as to suggest being fresh out of uni you should concentrate on yourself.

Need a job? Look for one.

Need new friends? Meet new people.

Moping about being single is for the people of TSR who have never had a partner and think they're missing out.

You've dated around, it didn't come to nout, so what?

Work on yourself, enjoy life for its own sake, meet new people and if a relationship is on the books in the future, good for you, if not life goes on.

Bigger and better things to life than your facebook status.

I get the feeling that you're 'decent' = attractive douchbag. Don't worry a lot of girls are like you.

You're only 21/22, right? You have plenty of time to find the right person.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. It's hard because at university it's much easier to find people on a similar wavelength. Try not to worry though. There are plenty of people in the same boat. If you accept it, it's kind of annoying but it's better to say "this is how it is" and work with it than to get tied up in knots over-analysing it. You're not single because there is something wrong with you. Another thing is to learn how to cut your losses with situations which don't work out. Don't keep contacting this guy. Let go of it. And just remember; don't get a case of oneitis. If it doesn't work out with one person, there are plenty more out there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep being single sucks but what can you do except wait for the next person to come along?
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My question is: where can I go by myself and meet guys of a similar age?

I'm ready for a real relationship but now I've finished uni and don't have the best social life at home, I feel meeting someone will take years and years...

WHY is it so hard to find decent guys? There in friend corner? Yes, but there also people I'm not attractive to...

Im an attractive girl, just finished uni, left all my uni friends and gone back home where all my 'friends' just want to get drunk all the time, no one wants to do anything unless it involves partying and I don't feel a clubs the best way to meet guys.
    I've had very bad relationships in the past. I met a very attractive guy about 4 months ago at uni, hoped it would develop into something more than 'seeing' each other but it didn't, he turned very nasty and admitted that he had no feelings for me whatsoever, that i was 'just a number' to him and that he only saw me for sex when he was bored. Im the type of girl that gets attached to people I have sex with and still have feelings for him and miss him, I try to keep in touch but he's not interested and doesn't even reply and has since slept with other girls. Im obviously pretty hurt by this...
    Why do women do this?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Because ur stuckup and think ur to good for everyone. Thats why

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeppy)

No need to hold back mate, just say how you really feel :confused:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeppy)

How did you infer that from her?, she has been treated like **** by a guy she cared for so finds it hard to trust men, isisnt one of those over confident girls who can march over and chat to guys and admits that she knows every single guy wont find her attractive?. I was ****ed over big time by a boyfriend and it took me 6/8 months before i felt ready to date again and I had no idea how to meet guys. I too only sleep with somebody who is my boyfriend because I know I ill get attached i cant detach sex from emotions.

Op dont go looking, if you go looking you wont find the right guy for you he will just one day walk into your life unfortuantly you can tjust find a boyfriend you have to wait for it to happen

Good things come to those who wait
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The op is cute

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.