The Student Room Group

After how many lessons did you do manoeuvres?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i reversed around a corner and a 3-point turn both in my first proper lesson, although i already knew how to 'drive' after practising with my dad. i still struggle a bit with parallel parking, which isnt great cause my test is really soon! :s
I did a reverse around a corner in my 4th lesson. I've changed instructor since then and ever since I've been with her I've done all the manoeuvres every lesson :smile:
Reply 22
Are you all serious!? You're getting severely ripped off by driving instructors people. I done 2 manoeuvres in my first lesson and had done them all after 3! You must all have an endless supply of driving lesson cash :confused:
Reply 23
Original post by JustDisturbia
Hey all:smile:
Basically I was wondering,after how many lessons did you start doing your manoeuvres ? I've had about 11/12 lessons- more than capable driver and I haven't done any. My instructor said I should be doing my test by July though?:s I have a feeling he might be milking me of my money because on my 2nd lesson he said i was quite advanced so he wouldn't "have me too long". Thoughts?

My instructor also told me on my first lesson that I catch on so quickly It wouldn't take me ages to learn. After 8 lessons he didn't do any manoeuvres, and after asking him hoe long some of his students take to pass, he said 18 MONTHS for at least 5 of them, so I realised I had to get him moving or else he really would take all the money he could.
So I just politely but firmly said that I feel ready to do the manoeuvres, can we do some next lesson? And we did. Done them all now. He's quite sheepish at times, but he knows who's boss :wink:
So basically, just ask your instructor, tell them you feel ready.:smile:
Reply 24
After 8 hours of lessons, but I was driving 4-8 hours a week as well outside of lessons :smile:
Reply 25
In Poland we have different system of driving lessons. I had been only 15 minutes for the first time in car and my instructor told me to drive out from manouvering area :biggrin: But it makes sense because I think people learn faster when they are under pressure :biggrin: on my second hour I had perpendicular(?) park and turing back on road :wink:
I have just started lessons on my first lesson I done reverse parking and on my 3rd lesson I done parallel parking, u turns and first roundabout. I've just finished my 3rd lesson which in total I've had 5 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending