Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i came across this website, is it a scam?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://instantcustomerrevolution.com

this looks to good to be true.

i was researching money making websites because i oculdn't find a job.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I work online and have been a member of many money making schemes over the past decade, and the thing I always work by is that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. If it wasn't too good to be true, word would have got out and everyone would be doing it.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    1000's per month part time with no experiance?!?!?!

Scam
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    http://instantcustomerrevolution.com

this looks to good to be true.

i was researching money making websites because i oculdn't find a job.
    These things are so clever - notice they always charge you something to find out how to make the money.
    In the instructions they probably just tell you to do the same thing - charge people so that you can tell them to charge people to tell them to charge people etc.

So you have the big chief who told ten people about this idea - they each pay 10% of the revenue to him, and what their job is is to tell 10 people each about this idea - each of those people pays ten percent to the person above etc. Can't quite explain it

Basically the "scheme" is selling a scheme which is to sell schemes...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've found lots of these websites. i always, in my head think that they are scams.

but they seem so real, they have real people and i googled one and they had a successful marketing business.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Websites with colour schemes like that should be banned anyway.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    here's another website that i've found, which is probably too good to be true:

http://sitefling.com/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say any website that says that 'You should assume that you will obtain no results with this program' in the small-print , is a pretty dodgy scheme.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    i've found lots of these websites. i always, in my head think that they are scams.

but they seem so real, they have real people and i googled one and they had a successful marketing business.
    No they don't have a successful marketing business - not unless their name has been used without their knowledge.

There coils within coils, scams within scams. All these things rely on affiliate marketing. Therefore when you Google the name on a "case study", you come across another website - supposedly a review site - set up with the express purpose of getting you to buy the original product so the author of the site gets commission.

The greatest irony is that if you search "is 'x' a scam" you often get results which say "yes, 'x' is a scam - it's too good to be true. Buy 'y' isn't a scam - you can get much more realistic earnings of $3000 per month". It's hilarious.

My advice is that if you find yourself falling for these, you are exactly the kind of sucker they want and you had best stop searching for them in the first place, before you find that you've given out some cash and your card details to an online affiliate marketer.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scam
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    Bump
    It doesn't need bumped, multiple people have told you in no uncertain terms that it's a scam.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.