The Student Room Group

ACCA Entry Requirements

Hey there, I'm sort of having a bit of a nervous breakdown here with regards to the ACCA and whether I am 'eligible'. So I just graduated with a 2.1 in finance and accounting but it's not an honours degree. Anyways I was just wondering what exactly are the requirements to qualify for the ACCA?

Also I have gained exemptions from the ACCA and was wondering whether there is any kind of requirements in order to claim these exemptions ( for example an honours degree or a 1st) or once you gain these exemptions they are yours with no problem?

I'm a student from Cyprus, so does this mean the requirements are different from England?

:s-smilie: Help please.
Reply 1
You can't just 'become' a member of the ACCA, you must first take (and pass!) certain exams and gain certain experience (at least three years).

Once they have registered, anyone is eligible to take these exams.

I'm not sure about ACCA, but for CIMA I had to submit my transcript and the exemptions are at their discretion.

You would still need to take the exams and stuff whatever country you are in, but there is no bar to entry.
Reply 2
As Ice Queen said you can't qualify for the ACCA but if you meant to qulaify to become a student. I have attached the link for you to check for ACCA exemption.

https://portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

I am more familiar with ICAEW.
Thanks guys!
Yes I am aware that you must become a student and then study for the papers and of course pass them. Perhaps I worded it wrong, my apologies. So there is no real 'entry requirements' in order to sit the exams and gain the experience needed, then go on to become ACCA registered?
Reply 4
You will need to check what exemptions you can claim. Go on line, filling all the form and register as a student. Once they confirm your application, you can start to apply to sit for exam. After you passed all the exam. you will need to work at a accountancy firm to get your practising certificate to be fully qualified to be a member of ACCA.
Reply 5
Original post by curlywurlydaydreamer
Hey there, I'm sort of having a bit of a nervous breakdown here with regards to the ACCA and whether I am 'eligible'. So I just graduated with a 2.1 in finance and accounting but it's not an honours degree. Anyways I was just wondering what exactly are the requirements to qualify for the ACCA?

Also I have gained exemptions from the ACCA and was wondering whether there is any kind of requirements in order to claim these exemptions ( for example an honours degree or a 1st) or once you gain these exemptions they are yours with no problem?

I'm a student from Cyprus, so does this mean the requirements are different from England?

:s-smilie: Help please.

Hi, I'm not sure you're still interested but I'll answer anyway :biggrin:
If you are interested in ACCA requirements, why not go to the relevant sites and check them. Here are a few links that will be useful for you or anybody with that question:

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/qualification-resources/foundation-accountancy/entry-requirements.html

http://www.lsbf.org.uk/programmes/professional/acca/requirements.html

Or you can just google it :biggrin: Good luck you guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending