Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tired of TSR.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yeah.

If you report a post, 100% it will get infracted.
    If it breaks the rules it will be infracted, we don't just dish out warnings for every report that's made like zombies. :coma:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boring users, boring mods, boring forum. Im just here because im bored.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHayden)
    I'm growing sick of this site, it seems that every few days I get a warning for some horrific act of rebellion in the form of being slightly impolite about someone who is clearly nuts or "spamming" by pointing out the likelihood of certain users posting amusing comments on threads.
    Even more regularly does a mod close a perfectly acceptable thread for either the posts being "off topic", which is a pathetic reason, or even just because they don't actually understand what the thread was about and had mistaken it for something else.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Is TSR really quite a pathetic forum in many regards? Is the often intellectually developed discussion on here spoiled by over-zealous moderation? I certainly think so.

I think I'm off to be honest, no more TSR for me. I've had enough of the forum being so boring about its content - it needs to loosen up a bit or I bet more people will just leave, not that they'd be that fussed I'm sure.

Finally, how long do we think this thread will last before it gets deleted for some pathetic reason like so many others? Similarly, how long do we think I will go without posting anything on TSR before giving up on my boycott and coming back? I'm taking bets!
    I agree. Mods=stupid, arrogant fools.
    • 6 followers

(Original post by Rennit)
    I agree. TSR is full of idiot moderators. The people who make TSR an annoying, unpleasent place are the people with full green bars.

I take pleasure in negging a person with full greens.
    Pleasure...?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    Pleasure...?

Yup. In my opinion the whole rep system should be abolished.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    Pleasure...?
    The internet is serious business. :rolleyes:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHayden)
    I'm growing sick of this site, it seems that every few days I get a warning for some horrific act of rebellion in the form of being slightly impolite about someone who is clearly nuts or "spamming" by pointing out the likelihood of certain users posting amusing comments on threads.
    Even more regularly does a mod close a perfectly acceptable thread for either the posts being "off topic", which is a pathetic reason, or even just because they don't actually understand what the thread was about and had mistaken it for something else.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Is TSR really quite a pathetic forum in many regards? Is the often intellectually developed discussion on here spoiled by over-zealous moderation? I certainly think so.

I think I'm off to be honest, no more TSR for me. I've had enough of the forum being so boring about its content - it needs to loosen up a bit or I bet more people will just leave, not that they'd be that fussed I'm sure.

Finally, how long do we think this thread will last before it gets deleted for some pathetic reason like so many others? Similarly, how long do we think I will go without posting anything on TSR before giving up on my boycott and coming back? I'm taking bets!
    Personal feelings of disappointment expressed. Complaint about rep/warning/mod/forum system.

Express intention never to visit the website again - the user has outgrown the website, which is belittled and characterised as a substandard website. Predicts many more of the masses will share the intention to leave the website.

Lofty rhetorical questions. End on wit. Libor interest rate.

Spoiler:
    Show
    End of rant.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have such distain for the site may i ask why you are still here...?

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    "Their "best"? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

In all seriousness, the moderation on TSR is comparatively light-touch. I'd love to moderate like some of the little Stalins on other forums do - banning people at will for breaking rules, especially trolls... but unfortunately I must abide by the guidelines set for me to follow.

Intellectual discussion is encouraged on TSR. It's only when intellectual discussion turns into rule-breaking discussions do we have to step in. It's not hard to debate something without breaking the rules.

MrHayden, if you have a problem with moderation, you should raise it in Ask A Moderator.
    Love that bit

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.