The Student Room Group

A-level Maths Modules cashing

Hi guys. I have just finished year 13, so I have finished Maths and Further Maths A-Level. So, is it possible to use Further Maths module(S2, M2) to replace (M1, S1). I have a feeling I did better in S2 and M2, as for S2 I scored 89%, while for M2 around B. For S1, I am afraid to get a B and M1 a B. As so far I have 78 ums for C1, 71 for C2, 64 for M1(retook, hope for better), C3(if model solutions are right then I have 71 marks), S1(61 marks), C4(68 marks) .:confused::rolleyes:
Reply 1
Original post by ECONMATHSMATHSMATH
Hi guys. I have just finished year 13, so I have finished Maths and Further Maths A-Level. So, is it possible to use Further Maths module(S2, M2) to replace (M1, S1). I have a feeling I did better in S2 and M2, as for S2 I scored 89%, while for M2 around B. For S1, I am afraid to get a B and M1 a B. As so far I have 78 ums for C1, 71 for C2, 64 for M1(retook, hope for better), C3(if model solutions are right then I have 71 marks), S1(61 marks), C4(68 marks) .:confused::rolleyes:

The exam board should juggle around your modules for you as to obtain the best possible mark, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You can swap modules between A-Level maths and A-Level Further Maths, but I don't think you can interchange AS and A2 units though.

If I recall correctly, M1 and S1 are AS units and S2 and M2 are A2 units.

Moreover, a great deal more weight is given to A2 units than AS units. However, I cannot be sure of the specifics.

I recommend you speak to your school's exams officer to check what I've just said.

I hope it helps.

Darren
Reply 2
Original post by ECONMATHSMATHSMATH

It will be done automatically but the only allowed combinations for Maths (from those you listed) are M1+S1, M1+M2 or S1+S2

Quick Reply

Latest