The Student Room Group

CBBC: Which show would you want brought back?

I was looking after my little cousin the other day and he's an avid CBBC watcher, as was I when I was his age but on observation, CBBC is nothing like it used to be. If I was still a child, I wouldn't be tuning in daily like I used to (2000-2006 era). The channel's gone down hill imo.

I was just wondering what favourite show you would like to watch again or be reinvented in some way. I thought it would be interesting to hear people's views and inputs on shows from different era's.

Here are a few of mine:
Jeopardy
Big Kids
Kerching
The Ghost Hunter
Byker Grove

... and yes, it was a cartoon, but this show was awesome: Yvon of the Yukon

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely Kerching! I absolutely adored that show!!!
I would watch Dick & Dom in da bungalo, and Mona the Vampire. I mainly watched Disney Channel and Cartoon Network as a child up until I was 10, then it became rubbish.
Noah's Island...although no idea if that BBC or some other channel I watched as a child...it was just epic!

The Wild Thornberries (loved that show!)
Reply 4
Kerching, the crust, big kids and definitely Grange Hill.
Reply 5
Jeopardy was AMAZING!!!
Reply 6
Dick and Dom was amazing. Thought/think it was so, so funny. The games were so weird and crazy. Loved the impressions they used to do. Baby race, Bogies and the one where they stuck stickers on each other...quality. Pc Harry Batt and Melvin O'Doom were awesome as well.

On ITV I loved My Parents Are Aliens, hilarious sitcom. Thought Bryan and Sophie were always amazing, and even the kids were pretty funny.
Reply 7
Watch My Chops! I used to love that show! :daydreaming:

Reply 8
Ha ha ha ha ha ... BOOM BOOM.

Basil Brush!
it has to be bernards watch!
Reply 10
Original post by raaachek
Jeopardy was AMAZING!!!

My favourite childhood show! :smile:

There were a couple of other shows I can't quite remember the names of. One about kids running a radio station and a sort of prank show where jokes were made on the general public. I think one of the channel's presenters were in it... Not 100% sure though.
Kerching, The Story of Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker Returns is not as entertaining!), The Crust, Watch My Chops, Best of Friends, 50/50. Oh how I miss classic CBBC, it's full of nonsense nowadays. :|
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Watch My Chops! I used to love that show! :daydreaming:

A talking dog in a cartoon show? That is absurd.
Reply 13
Original post by misfits1994
My favourite childhood show! :smile:

There were a couple of other shows I can't quite remember the names of. One about kids running a radio station and a sort of prank show where jokes were made on the general public. I think one of the channel's presenters were in it... Not 100% sure though.

The prank show was called Stitch Up! :biggrin:

The Queen's Nose was also great.
Reply 14
Original post by .Serenity.
Kerching, The Story of Tracy Beaker ( Tracy Beaker Returns is not as entertaining!), The Crust, Watch My Chops, Best of Friends, 50/50. Oh how I miss classic CBBC, it's full of nonsense nowadays. :|

I forgot about shows like 50/50. That was good too... and Get Your Own Back.
Bear Behaving Badly,M.I.High,Sarah Jane Adventures and Me and My Monsters.
Notable mentions for:

Demon Headmaster
Aquilla
Ocean Odyssey
The Wild House
Bodger and Badger
Original post by Dalek1099
Bear Behaving Badly,M.I.High,Sarah Jane Adventures and Me and My Monsters.

I swear they still have most of those? My younger brother seems to watch the last three all too often (although I did hear the sad news a few months back of the actress who played Sarah Jane dying :frown: )
Reply 19
Original post by Chief Wiggum

For me, at the time of broadcast (2002 i think), this show was kind of ahead of it's time. It was completely different to any other kids show and it's programmes like these that really stand out in my memory. It's got to be a CBBC fan favourite.

Just done a quick search on google and it seems Jeopardy wasn't given a VHS or DVD release which is hard to believe considering the stuff they release today.

Latest