The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS (Paisley)

Anyone going to study at UWS Paisley Campus this September? I am going to study Computer Games Development, going in to 1st year.

Was going for the student accommodation... But it is WAY to expensive... So going to save my money for Fresher's!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by OrangeUK
Anyone going to study at UWS Paisley Campus this September? I am going to study Computer Games Development after 2 years at James Watt College.

Anyone know anything about the Union and has anyone applied for the newly built accommodation?:biggrin:

Hi there :smile:

I'm going into my 3rd year in September.

The union is pretty good. It's got a nice atmosphere and the bar staff are really nice :smile: I would say that the security folks on Friday nights can be quite aggressive (if you do something wrong, like lift someone up)

I don't know anyone living in the new accommodation, but I hope it's as good as it looks.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Original post by bammzie
Hi there :smile:

I'm going into my 3rd year in September.

The union is pretty good. It's got a nice atmosphere and the bar staff are really nice :smile: I would say that the security folks on Friday nights can be quite aggressive (if you do something wrong, like lift someone up)

I don't know anyone living in the new accommodation, but I hope it's as good as it looks.

Hello :smile:

What are you studying?

Sounds not bad... Had my fair share of bad bouncers, especially at Fury's!

We went to see the accommodation last week, it's good and quite spacious! Hope i get a place.
Reply 3
Hello :smile:

What are you studying?

Sounds not bad... Had my fair share of bad bouncers, especially at Fury's!

We went to see the accommodation last week, it's good and quite spacious! Hope i get a place.

I'm studying applied bioscience :smile:

Haha, fury's bouncers are a nightmare!
Hi

I'm applying to UWS though clearing, if I get an offer I will hopefully be starting this september :smile:
Reply 5
ill be there this september to study web and mobile development at 3rd year :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Picture~Perfect
Hi

I'm applying to UWS though clearing, if I get an offer I will hopefully be starting this september :smile:

Cool, what are you studying?
Reply 7
Original post by alan91
ill be there this september to study web and mobile development at 3rd year :smile:

Nice! I'm sure i do that in the 2nd year of my course :smile:
Cool, what are you studying?

I'm still waiting to hear back but I've applied for Physics with Nuclear Technology :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I'm still waiting to hear back but I've applied for Physics with Nuclear Technology :smile:

Oh wow, some else who is doing some kind of Physics at UWS. I tried using YouGo to see if anyone else is doing physics but according to that there is no one. Bit weird how your still waiting to hear if you got in or not :frown:
Original post by bammzie
I'm studying applied bioscience :smile:

What's it like? I'm going into my first year this month to study that with Zoology as the joint degree.
I would have preferred to have been going on to Glasgow uni to study Zoology on it's own but I came out one grade short of what I needed so have to make do with UWS.
Original post by qno2
Oh wow, some else who is doing some kind of Physics at UWS. I tried using YouGo to see if anyone else is doing physics but according to that there is no one. Bit weird how your still waiting to hear if you got in or not :frown:

I tried using YouGo aswell and I found a bunch of people but it said that were last active in 2010/2009 so I'm guessing they aren't freshers lol.
I'm stilling waiting to hear about my place, its because I applied through clearing but its been over a week :frown: Hopefully I'll get in.
My place was confirmed :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by espeonzeldaev
What's it like? I'm going into my first year this month to study that with Zoology as the joint degree.
I would have preferred to have been going on to Glasgow uni to study Zoology on it's own but I came out one grade short of what I needed so have to make do with UWS.

It's really fun :smile:
In first year, you do 5 modules with the rest of the biology first years and Forensic Chemistry (at least I think that's what the module was called)
In second, you branch off from the Biomed students a bit more.

I have to say, though Glasgow sounds better, if you want a job in a practical environment, UWS is better. Though Glasgow has better facilities, you get less practicals per week there and you learn far more theory there. :smile:
Original post by bammzie
It's really fun :smile:
In first year, you do 5 modules with the rest of the biology first years and Forensic Chemistry (at least I think that's what the module was called)
In second, you branch off from the Biomed students a bit more.

I have to say, though Glasgow sounds better, if you want a job in a practical environment, UWS is better. Though Glasgow has better facilities, you get less practicals per week there and you learn far more theory there. :smile:

Ah okay, I'm really looking forward to it ^.^
Hey There,

I have applied for Computer Games Technology and I am going to be in my first year this September. I have not yet received a decision in my UCAS but I have received an invitation for Information session and I am not sure what level has this brought me to. Anyway, I would be glad to meet if I start studying there.
Reply 16
I have received a application received email from UWS for the courses that i have applied for.

Does this mean my application is currently being processed or is it now placed in a queue to be processed ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
hey :smile: I have 2 conditionals for UWS Paisley Campus. Bioscience and Zoology or Biomedical Science. Both 1st year. So so stuck on what to choose!! :eek:
Original post by bexy95
hey :smile: I have 2 conditionals for UWS Paisley Campus. Bioscience and Zoology or Biomedical Science. Both 1st year. So so stuck on what to choose!! :eek:

That's awesome congrats! I guess now you just need to choice which course you're most interested in. To be fair at this stage it doesn't really matter what course you pick, what they do with Science especially for first year is they tend to let you chose most if not all of your modules from any science course so that you can change your mind about your overall degree. Science is very flexible at UWS.
Hi I have a problem because I have no idea what university to choose. Could you please give me some advise?

Quick Reply

Latest