Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these A-Levels good enough?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :confused:Can anyone help me here please? I am hoping to pursue a career in Journalism primarily but teaching is my fallback option. In university, I hope to study either English or History related subjects, most likely in an university based in the East Midlands. However, would these A levels be sufficient? A Level in English Lang/Lit (combined in 1), History, Government and Political Studies and an AS in Economics. Are there any other subjects that i should do instead? Also, what other potential career/degree options are there with these A-Levels?

I am yet to start studying these subjects, so they can be changed.

Thank you.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    They sound pretty good to me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I would not worry. Just get the three A level in the general area of humanities/social science if you want to go into journalism.

A levels really don't matter much as the first year of uni is designed to catch everyone up and get them all use to independent learning. Along with a lot of other aspects of university study such as having to undo years of harm by the GCSE and A level system which always taught do a balanced argument in essays of X and Y with you ended up with a summery rather than a real opinion on the topic.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.