The Student Room Group

Are these A-Levels good enough?

:confused:Can anyone help me here please? I am hoping to pursue a career in Journalism primarily but teaching is my fallback option. In university, I hope to study either English or History related subjects, most likely in an university based in the East Midlands. However, would these A levels be sufficient? A Level in English Lang/Lit (combined in 1), History, Government and Political Studies and an AS in Economics. Are there any other subjects that i should do instead? Also, what other potential career/degree options are there with these A-Levels?

I am yet to start studying these subjects, so they can be changed.

Thank you.
They sound pretty good to me :wink:
Honestly I would not worry. Just get the three A level in the general area of humanities/social science if you want to go into journalism.

A levels really don't matter much as the first year of uni is designed to catch everyone up and get them all use to independent learning. Along with a lot of other aspects of university study such as having to undo years of harm by the GCSE and A level system which always taught do a balanced argument in essays of X and Y with you ended up with a summery rather than a real opinion on the topic.

Quick Reply

Latest