Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend of people who used to bully me on my course

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I was just on yougo looking at who will be on my course and I noticed a girl who I knew from the army cadet force is going on my course (unconditional firm, like me). I've added her and she accepted and she's being friendly but last time I saw her was a summer camp when I was 17.

I was bullied a lot with cadets (won't go into it now, but it was pretty bad) by 3 girls who made my life hell. She never really said much though she was always a bit rude and disrespectful (I'd been a member a lot longer and was a lot higher) and I'm really worried she'll be the same as her friends were or even bring them along to freshers/student nights etc. I don't know if I'm making a big deal out of nothing as she wasn't really a bully and she doesn't seem to hang out with them anymore (a quick facebook investigation )

Should I say anything?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uni is a big place, unless your course has only got a few people on it you'll probably never see her!
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph.Jade)
    Basically, I was just on yougo looking at who will be on my course and I noticed a girl who I knew from the army cadet force is going on my course (unconditional firm, like me). I've added her and she accepted and she's being friendly but last time I saw her was a summer camp when I was 17.

I was bullied a lot with cadets (won't go into it now, but it was pretty bad) by 3 girls who made my life hell. She never really said much though she was always a bit rude and disrespectful (I'd been a member a lot longer and was a lot higher) and I'm really worried she'll be the same as her friends were or even bring them along to freshers/student nights etc. I don't know if I'm making a big deal out of nothing as she wasn't really a bully and she doesn't seem to hang out with them anymore (a quick facebook investigation )

Should I say anything?
    Rogue is right, uni is in fact very large, loads of potential friends, acquaintances................I got friends in multiple courses, don't know how :/ different years, even masters

Even on my course, despite it being smaller than the much larger one, we have about a 100 or so and even than I don't know them all.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    She's doing the exact same course I am, and there's a chance we'll be in a smaller tutor group (around 10 students get assigned to each tutor with weekly meetings etc). Hoping I won't see her too often though

Edit: didn't mean to sound so pessimistic, thank you both for the messages!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why did you add her tbh?

Nothing wrong with moving past that and accepting her as a new friend, but there will be so many people at Uni you can meet and become friends with that you can most certainly ignore her. Especially I'd she had been really rude.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horatio-)
    Why did you add her tbh?

Nothing wrong with moving past that and accepting her as a new friend, but there will be so many people at Uni you can meet and become friends with that you can most certainly ignore her. Especially I'd she had been really rude.
    Exactly, why add her in the first place? There's going to be plenty of other people on your course, you don't need to make friends with someone that was horrible to you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.