Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just bought a PS2 - recommend me some games!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When you see it...)
    Final Fantasy XII. Also, any old Fifa games.
    YES! FFXII, ha, that game has so much love....and so much hate. I personally loved it but some people I know hated it's guts! XD The graphics were sweet at the time though. Did well on Famitsu, 10/10!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aikatarine)
    YES! FFXII, ha, that game has so much love....and so much hate. I personally loved it but some people I know hated it's guts! XD The graphics were sweet at the time though. Did well on Famitsu, 10/10!
    I liked the game, but apparently it introduced many changes in the series, which is always risky (its the only FF game I have played).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aikatarine)
    Famistu scores out of 40?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prince of Persia
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    I always wanted to play Buffy, never got round to buying it:cry2:
    Well it's amazing so if you still have a ps2 then get it!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Unfortunately I never got round to completing the game
    However, a few months ago I remembered 'Whiplash' again, and watched all the cut-scenes on Youtube; brought back memories :daydreaming:
    Neither did I, it got really hard! Confusing rather.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when I played as a kid I LOVED SSX and SSX tricky, snowboarding games
    not sure how entertaining they'd be now i'm not a kid but they're worth a look
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember PES4 was my favourite game ever, best football game ever for me. So fun.

I also used to play Tiger woods 2007 alot.

Yeh....always a was a sports type guy on consoles. Can't remember the last time I played a playstation or xbox or something :/

But, yeh, get PES4. Pro evo 4. Amazing.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crash Bandicoot wrath
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another Bandicoot fan here :cool:
    Buy all crash bandicoot games ;D Not only wrath! They're all great
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoko Ono)
    I might as well just buy games tbh. I could probably buy like 15 games for the same amount it'd cost to get it chipped.
    No seriously, you can't. Walked into game yesterday I think and GTA San Andreas is still £5. Seriously, £5. Chipping costs about about £10. Doesn't harm your console in anyway and you can get all the releases online. All the games listen on this thread maybe 10% can be found, if in the good condition that the CD works. When I had a ps2, I had 4-5 copies of GTA 3, just because if they scratched had to buy another one. Not to mention, buy a CD RW (20p-50p), Burn Play, Erase and download another one.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    No seriously, you can't. Walked into game yesterday I think and GTA San Andreas is still £5. Seriously, £5. Chipping costs about about £10. Doesn't harm your console in anyway and you can get all the releases online. All the games listen on this thread maybe 10% can be found, if in the good condition that the CD works. When I had a ps2, I had 4-5 copies of GTA 3, just because if they scratched had to buy another one. Not to mention, buy a CD RW (20p-50p), Burn Play, Erase and download another one.

I bought San Andreas for just over two pounds yesterday. :pierre:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy 10,10-2 and 12. They are amazing!! also Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9 are on the PS1 but definately worth buying

Like other people have said, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter are legendary also and the spyro games (although only the PS1 ones are the only ones worth buying, if you get any others you'll just be disapointed )
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoko Ono)
    The first game I had on my PS2 and also one of my favourites.
    It's cheesy as hell but trust me, so, so much fun! The soundtrack's quality too (especially if you like The Offspring)

Genuinely feeling nostalgic right now!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Persona 4 is a must if you're an RPG fan. It was by far my favourite RPG of the PS2 and beyond era (as it arrived very late in the life of the PS2), up until Tales of Graces f.

I'd also put in a shout for Legaia 2 which was a proper gem of a game. I saw someone mention Dark Chronicle before, and how few people seem to know about it - a lot do, and a lot really enjoyed both it and Dark Cloud. Legaia 2 though seems to have become lost in the mists of time, not helped by the fact it was buried at release by it's bigger budget/reputation peers. A little like Legend of Dragoon on PS1, you could say.

If I didn't have so many games on my plate at the moment I would dearly love to dig it and see how it's aged.

Luckily it can still be picked up pretty cheap, unlike the first game on PS1, Legend of Legaia.

Oh, Steambot Chronicles aka. BUMPY TROT is also worth a look. It's a very untraditional console RPG, so if you're looking for something a bit different, try it.

Speaking of which, there's also Ephemeral Fantasia, another RPG, which is kind of like Groundhog Day, in that you repeat the same period of time over and over again, fighting the same end boss over and over again, but each time you restart you'll have a better chance of beating him. Bizarre stuff - Majora's Mask did the same thing, not sure which came first though. Also very important and way ahead of it's time for the fact that it used a Guitar Controller to play songs in-game. This was about 5 years before the first Guitar Hero game, I believe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Famistu scores out of 40?
    I beg your pardon- you're right. It was 10/10 on PS mag, and 40/40 on Famitsu! I'm surprised they gave it a perfect score- as much as I love it, but yeah
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you can get Ring of Red, get it.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metro2610)
    The first game I had on my PS2 and also one of my favourites.
    It's cheesy as hell but trust me, so, so much fun! The soundtrack's quality too (especially if you like The Offspring)

Genuinely feeling nostalgic right now!
    OH MY

Crazy Taxi is a god of a game!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do something better with your time
    graphics are bad on ps2 :mad:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astronomical)
    There was! Even today that remains one of my favourite ever games! I hate it so much that it doesn't work on my PS3, and I haven't seen it on the PSN Store either.
    It's so annoying that It actually works on my PS3, but it's being emulated slightly too quickly (everything runs at (150%) and so is virtually unplayable

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 14, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.