Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interracial relationship vs Parents' thoughts

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My parents wouldn't care
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The media promotes interracial relationship and that's extremely wrong.Europe is white and it should be that way,everyone is welcome to come and live in europe IF he/she accepts the european rules.The goverments must take control of child birth in order to keep whites the majority in europe.
    This is exactly what equality means-
    More africans in Africa
    More Asians in Asia
    More WHITES in Europe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my parents would care.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter what colour the person's skin is? Isn't all that matters is that the two people love and care for each other?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm white female, my boyfriend is chinese. My parents and his parents are all fine with it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an asian girl and to be honest I've never seen dating someone with a different background or colour as an issue, my mum is against boyfriends but she's not against marrying someone who is of a different colour or culture as long as they are the same religion. The thing thought with being asian is the older generation can be backwards about these things. I am lucky that my family are not too strict however I have never myself looked outside my own culture. I think that's many peoples downfall because they are too set in their ways :/
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm oriental and I've been with different races. My parents both prefer me with an oriental guy because their English isn't so great and it'll be nice to be able to communicate effectively, but at the end of the day, it's merely a preference and wouldn't mind too much, especially being brought up in London with such diversity!

I wouldn't limit my choices and would go for anyone if I like them but at the back of my mind I'd also love a relationship where my bf gets along well with my parents and can communicate with them.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.