The Student Room Group

Deloitte Scholar scheme

Not sure if many have heard of this, but it's a gap year opportunity where you do 30 weeks of work experience at Deloitte. I just finished my AS levels and just started my A level courses, so in September i'll 'officially' be in year 13. I was wondering if anyone who's applied for the scheme before could help me out. Are applications for 2013 open for those who have just finished AS levels or A levels. If it's for those who have just finished year 12 AS courses, it's hard to write much other than predicted AS grades. Also they ask for Uni applications, which we haven't started yet. But i can't imagine it's for those who have just finished A level exams as they would be beginning the scheme in 2012. I'm really confused so any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm starting to think it's for those who have just finished A levels. On the school part of the application, it says 'If you have not yet completed your A level qualifications, please ensure you provide us with your obtained AS level subjects and grades and your predicted A level subjects and grades. ' which, to me, suggests it's for those who've just done A levels and are waiting for results in august. It would also explain the university places part of the application, as i'm sure most people have chosen their unis at that point. I emailed them last week and am waiting for a reply, I'll post it on here when it arrives.
Reply 2
I've just sent my application off
I just put in what I obtained for As unit 1 in january
And my predicted grades
I attached my CV too

All I know is the sooner you apply, the better lool
But good luck guys

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by maxjkelly
Not sure if many have heard of this, but it's a gap year opportunity where you do 30 weeks of work experience at Deloitte. I just finished my AS levels and just started my A level courses, so in September i'll 'officially' be in year 13. I was wondering if anyone who's applied for the scheme before could help me out. Are applications for 2013 open for those who have just finished AS levels or A levels. If it's for those who have just finished year 12 AS courses, it's hard to write much other than predicted AS grades. Also they ask for Uni applications, which we haven't started yet. But i can't imagine it's for those who have just finished A level exams as they would be beginning the scheme in 2012. I'm really confused so any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

You need to apply this summer i.e. nowish. Put down what you expect to get/predicted, with Uni apps write down where you think you will apply. Sooner the better with this. Good luck with the application.
Reply 4
Hey,

To those of you who have applied already, I was just wondering how far through the process you are?

They're being quite slow getting back to me.

Good luck to everyone!

x
Reply 5
Original post by Yoster123
Hey,

To those of you who have applied already, I was just wondering how far through the process you are?

They're being quite slow getting back to me.

Good luck to everyone!

x

Hi there!

I'm in uni so I have applied for the 2013 Summer Vac Scheme. I'm assuming all the student applications are handled by the Grad Recruitment team so it may comfort you to know that you're not the only one waiting. It's been 2 weeks of nothing from them (well, I heard from them last week, but still no info on whether I made it to the next stage). The wait is so frustrating! Hopefully we'll hear something soon (preferably within the next hour)!

:smile:
Reply 6
Yeah let's hope! That way we don't have to wait out the weekend either. Which department have you applied to? Also if you don't mind me asking, what course are you studying at uni? Just trying to get an idea of the sort of courses Deloitte like. Good luck to you!

Reply 7
Original post by Yoster123
Yeah let's hope! That way we don't have to wait out the weekend either. Which department have you applied to? Also if you don't mind me asking, what course are you studying at uni? Just trying to get an idea of the sort of courses Deloitte like. Good luck to you!

Thanks!

I'm studying Actuarial Science, and I applied to Consulting (Actuarial & Insurance Solutions). It might be more beneficial to you if you study something directly in line with the general service area you're interested in working in. Mine is quite specific (I want to become an Actuarial Consultant), but I think if you're able to demonstrate a genuine interest and adequate aptitude for any of the service lines, you stand a decent chance regardless of what course you study.

Best of luck to you too!

xx
Reply 8
I applied last wednesday, and only got the reply yesterday, so I think their generally quite slow on making a decision
Reply 9
Ahh thanks! I heard yesterday just before the end of the day :biggrin:. Have you done the tests yet?

Reply 10
Yeah I did the numerical one on thursday, ran out of time on the last couple of questions so dont know how I did, hopefully get the results back on monday, though I'm not sure what sort of mark they look for.
Reply 11
I ran out of time as well. Got to about question 15 properly, did 16 half properly and made educated guesses for the last two.

Looking at pass threads it seems people have got through with as low as about 11/18 so that's not too high. We just have to play the waiting game now!

Reply 12
I just did my test
I had 8 questions
How did you get 18?

Reply 13
That's the practice test
Reply 14
i had 8
I submitted it after too, so I should know

Reply 15
Was this the verbal or numerical? Numerical definitely had 18, haven't done verbal so maybe that only had 8?

Reply 16
Have they emailed your results yet? Still waiting for mine
Reply 17
It was numerical
Maybe I'm confused :/
And yup waiting for my results too

Reply 18
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of filling out the application now however have come across a few problems in the uni section. Firstly in the status of uni application section there is no option for intending to apply this year; instead the only options are "Applied", "Conditional Offer", "Not applying until gap year", "Obtained Place" and "Unconditional Offer". The closest to reality would be "applied" however it could be a number of months until my UCAS university application is sent of. what did everyone else put?

Secondly, for the proposed dates of university section should I put the date that I would start if I were to be given a gap year placement (2014) or the start date if I don't defer my placement for a year, starting immediately after my A levels finish (2013)? again what did everyone else do??
Reply 19
On the application I just said I was going to apply in my gap year, and that I was going to start university in 2014, as if you started in 2013 you wouldn't be able to do the deloitte thing.
Got an email from them now, surprisingly they didn't make me do a verbal test, they just invited me to the e-tray day, didn't realise not everybody did it.

Quick Reply

Latest