Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GEG's Summer Transformation (hopefully!) Blog.

Announcements Posted on
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gym was absolute killer. Did more CV than have done before but managed it!

Thought might actually write down what I've just done so then I can track improvement more clearly (and also have some good routines set up when I'm in Calgary).

5 min bike warm up
    3 min crosstrainer
    2 min summit trainer
    5 x 100m rows pace boat 120
    3 min steep walk with weights
    3 min bike
    3 min crosstrainer
    1 min summit trainer
    2 x 150m rows pace boat 120

Don't really know the names of the weights I'm doing but shall describe where I don't know:
    10 things where you have elbows in, arms out at 90 degrees, pull across and down so arms by side then up to 90 degrees
    10 bicep curls
    10 static rows
    Repeat those three for 3 sets (12kg)
    10 leg curl
    10 opposite leg curl (pushing up not down)
    Repeat for 2 sets (didn't make a note of weight)
    10 chest press
    10 lat pull down
    10 shoulder press
    Repeat for 2 sets (didn't make a note of weight but assume 12kg)

2 sets of 12 core extensions? (on back, legs in air 90 degrees at hip, 90 degrees at knees, arms above chest holding weight, stretch out arms and legs then bring back up) with 2kg weight.
    2 30s planks
    Repeat twice.
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I've gained 2kg in past month rather than losing weight. Urgh. I'm gonna put it down to it being that time of the month though as I think I look slimmer.
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay not really a transformation in terms of this contest but my boobs are definitely growing atm :woo: which means bra shopping :sad: no money :sad: but makes my stomach look less big!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Okay not really a transformation in terms of this contest but my boobs are definitely growing atm :woo: which means bra shopping :sad: no money :sad: but makes my stomach look less big!
    I really wish mine would grow but it looks like they are shrinking and theres not much there in the first place tummy will look even bigger now!
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlemisspiglet)
    I really wish mine would grow but it looks like they are shrinking and theres not much there in the first place tummy will look even bigger now!
    May happen, they keep growing for ageees apparently.
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gym at 9:30 tomorrow :sigh: really don't feel like it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I've gained 2kg in past month rather than losing weight. Urgh. I'm gonna put it down to it being that time of the month though as I think I look slimmer.
    Or youve gained muscle which is heavier than fat?
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayce88)
    Or youve gained muscle which is heavier than fat?
    Perhaps but still annoying to step on scales and see a change in direction I'm not going for.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gym at 9:30 tomorrow :sigh: really don't feel like it!
    Im going gym at half 7 in the morning, dont feel like it but it the only time i can go Will be glad i went i hope..
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im going gym at half 7 in the morning, dont feel like it but it the only time i can go Will be glad i went i hope..
    Well when we're both back tomorrow we can feel happy about ourselves!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why bother with scales? surely the mirror tells you everything you need to know
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayce88)
    why bother with scales? surely the mirror tells you everything you need to know
    I don't normally bother with scales, but was at doctors for something and she had to weigh me.
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Back from gym, last time at gym for a while because of going away and stuff. Found it really hard today and got a stitch half way through. Once again put levels up on everything though so that's encouraging. Might try and take some pics today/tomorrow to show any change that has happened so far!
    • 105 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gym was absolute killer. Did more CV than have done before but managed it!

Thought might actually write down what I've just done so then I can track improvement more clearly (and also have some good routines set up when I'm in Calgary).

5 min bike warm up
    3 min crosstrainer
    2 min summit trainer
    5 x 100m rows pace boat 120
    3 min steep walk with weights
    3 min bike
    3 min crosstrainer
    1 min summit trainer
    2 x 150m rows pace boat 120

Don't really know the names of the weights I'm doing but shall describe where I don't know:
    10 things where you have elbows in, arms out at 90 degrees, pull across and down so arms by side then up to 90 degrees
    10 bicep curls
    10 static rows
    Repeat those three for 3 sets (12kg)
    10 leg curl
    10 opposite leg curl (pushing up not down)
    Repeat for 2 sets (didn't make a note of weight)
    10 chest press
    10 lat pull down
    10 shoulder press
    Repeat for 2 sets (didn't make a note of weight but assume 12kg)

2 sets of 12 core extensions? (on back, legs in air 90 degrees at hip, 90 degrees at knees, arms above chest holding weight, stretch out arms and legs then bring back up) with 2kg weight.
    2 30s planks
    Repeat twice.
    Pace boat 120? I understand what you mean by pace boat, but not the 120 part..

You can see why I love rowing now :yy:
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Pace boat 120? I understand what you mean by pace boat, but not the 120 part..

You can see why I love rowing now :yy:
    Set at 120 whatever the measurement is :blush: not really sure what it is?

I do enjoy rowing although have never been in a boat clearly.
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    more pics

Okay so here's comparison between start and now (roughly 2 and a half weeks). Not much seems to have changed but I think I've lost a bit of weight from stomach and I think my legs are looking more toned. Plus actual fitness levels are way up. I'd like to think that actually I've lost a bit more than it seems I have but just cos of that time of month am bloated but who knows?!
    • 105 followers

ReputationRep:
    Set at 120 whatever the measurement is :blush: not really sure what it is?

I do enjoy rowing although have never been in a boat clearly.
    Oh do you mean the resistance? In that case 125 is roughly the resistance you'd feel rowing in normal water in an 8 man/woman boat.

You should try it in Canada then :top:
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Oh do you mean the resistance? In that case 125 is roughly the resistance you'd feel rowing in normal water in an 8 man/woman boat.

You should try it in Canada then :top:
    No idea if it's resistance. I just know higher number is harder and more pain so perhaps resistance is right!

Ha ha I could do, although I'll be way too busy skating and skiing...and the fact it's nearly 30 degrees below freezing could be an issue...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    more pics

Okay so here's comparison between start and now (roughly 2 and a half weeks). Not much seems to have changed but I think I've lost a bit of weight from stomach and I think my legs are looking more toned. Plus actual fitness levels are way up. I'd like to think that actually I've lost a bit more than it seems I have but just cos of that time of month am bloated but who knows?!
    Your stomach does look slimmer in the pictures, well done ! I was going to take some pictures but think i will wait untill at least half way because i dont think much will have changed for me yet belly feels bigger than normal!
    • 139 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your stomach does look slimmer in the pictures, well done ! I was going to take some pictures but think i will wait untill at least half way because i dont think much will have changed for me yet belly feels bigger than normal!
    Thanks! I guess cos I'm away for two weeks from Saturday I'm not sure what my body will do (while I should be active while away there's also VERY good food so I might gain weight) so I really wanted reference point for when I get back from that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 4, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.