The Student Room Group

A Summer of Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und
I don't have one as such but I tend to lean towards the big/rich/academic colleges like Trinity and Emma! :biggrin:

Spoiler

:yep:
Original post by Cephalus
Thank you. I'm sure I'll work out something.

And good luck to you to! I notice you did STEP I early and got an S?

Yup! Not sure how it happened... Very happy! Although I feel luck played a large part... Hopefully I'll continue being lucky! :biggrin:
Reply 742
Original post by Lord of the Flies

Spoiler

:yep:

:drool:

I've been in there and it's just ridiculous to be honest. Unfortunately you have to be a Fellow of the College to use it. :rolleyes:
Reply 743
Yup! Not sure how it happened... Very happy! Although I feel luck played a large part... Hopefully I'll continue being lucky! :biggrin:

Lol not luck. I did STEP 1 early and got a 2 :biggrin:

trust me, you'll go far
Original post by Cephalus
Lol not luck. I did STEP 1 early and got a 2 :biggrin:

trust me, you'll go far

Thanks, that's encouraging! :h: Good luck to you! I hope Clare Maths or X Econ treats you well!
Reply 745
Thanks, that's encouraging! :h: Good luck to you! I hope Clare Maths or X Econ treats you well!

Many thanks. And let me know how you application goes when you've done it.

Its good to relive the adrenaline :smile:
Reply 746
Is the cambridge maths workbook on the frontpage likely to be the same as the one they email us in the following week?
Original post by desijut
Is the cambridge maths workbook on the frontpage likely to be the same as the one they email us in the following week?

I assume it'll be pretty similar...why do they even send it to us...it's easier than a level :wink:

(Do we even have to do it?)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What colleges are you thinking of applying to?

Reply 749
Original post by TheMagicMan
I assume it'll be pretty similar...why do they even send it to us...it's easier than a level :wink:

(Do we even have to do it?)

When I read about a workbook being sent, I was expecting STEP style questions. Maybe it's to make sure any people who were rusty on their maths (from not doing any in the summer) were up to speed?
Original post by TheMagicMan
What colleges are you thinking of applying to?

Sidney Cambridge or Trinity Oxford. To which college will you be going to?
Reply 751
Sidney Cambridge or Trinity Oxford. To which college will you be going to?

Don't let the Pembroke lot see this! :rofl:
Reply 752
Is the Spivak Calculus book really that good; How does it compare to the Zorich Analysis books? What about Numbers and Functions by Burn?

Quick Reply

Latest