Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

E and Y Graduate Tax Application?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

Sorry I'm new here and I dont know if this is a silly question or not however I was trying to apply for the graduate scheme at E & Y in the Tax department and found they were not taking applications although the other departments were.

Do the Tax applications open at a later date? If so, when?

Many Thanks.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying to start when? 2012 or 2013?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be plenty there; http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Stud...-Opportunities
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trying_to_make_it)
    Hi guys.

Sorry I'm new here and I dont know if this is a silly question or not however I was trying to apply for the graduate scheme at E & Y in the Tax department and found they were not taking applications although the other departments were.

Do the Tax applications open at a later date? If so, when?

Many Thanks.
    Hi,
    I saw your post on wikijob also. I was hoping someone would reply you as I’m not registered there. I am also looking to apply to EY for tax this year. However, I called EY during the week as my application is meant to be fast tracked and they confirmed that Tax is not yet open However, they will contact me when they start inviting people to assessment centres. I will advise you to check the websites daily because they might open it soon. Also I am scared because I read that 84% of the graduate positions have been offered to interns and those that did their placements with EY. http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Newsroom/New...-graduate-jobs God help us.
    BTW: Are you applying for direct tax or indirect? And also what location are you applying to?
    • 162 followers

(Original post by tgyrl)
    Hi,
    Also I am scared because I read that 84% of the graduate positions have been offered to interns and those that did their placements with EY. http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Newsroom/New...-graduate-jobs God help us.
    I don't think you're reading that right. It's 84% of interns that get graduate jobs, not 84% of graduate jobs going to interns. So if you had 1000 graduate job vacancies and 300 summer interns, around 252 would get a graduate job - leaving 748 graduate jobs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I don't think you're reading that right. It's 84% of interns that get graduate jobs, not 84% of graduate jobs going to interns. So if you had 1000 graduate job vacancies and 300 summer interns, around 252 would get a graduate job - leaving 748 graduate jobs.

Oh ok. I get what you mean. However, that is still a lot of interns being offered graduate positions especially considering the fact that there are limited positions for Tax.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 5, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.