Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer Job - Include uni on CV, or not?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking around and applying for jobs over the past couple of weeks with no luck, after ringing one company they said that I'm unsuitable because I can't work 12months a year, which they found out from my CV which stated that I'm currently at Uni.

I was just wondering if people exclude the fact their at uni of there CV for summer jobs, a mean, you would think its a good thing but it seems to be causing me more hassle. Also, if you do take it off, what do you say you've been doing for the past year/two years whilst you've been at uni!

Thanks
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've luckily never had to because I've worked places that are looking for students, but yes many people do.

As for where you've been the last two years, either say you've been studying something like a college course and you've just finished, or find a friend or parents friend who works in some office or something, and say you've been part-timing and ask them to cover your arse so if they get a reference call they can go 'oh yes, he's been working here for 2 years part-time doing x,y and z. He's very good'. For retail jobs and such they don't often call your references anywho but make sure something is there. Friends have done this in the past.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.