The Student Room Group

The Anime Soc chat thread XXI: High school AU version

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Everyone seems to have vanished and so will I tomorrow as I'm finally off to edinburgh for the fringe festival :woo:
Well I might be a lot quieter on here myself when I start work... but that's still around a week away. What am I supposed to do until then? :sigh:
Reply 242
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Well I might be a lot quieter on here myself when I start work... but that's still around a week away. What am I supposed to do until then? :sigh:

I'm still here, somewhat. I've just been busy with work lately myself. I guess there's also not much to say that's worth posting either.
Original post by Aiko
I'm still here, somewhat. I've just been busy with work lately myself. I guess there's also not much to say that's worth posting either.

I've not got much to say myself... but surely someone has? Only this thread (and ontopic) seems particularly dead at the moment. :p:
Reply 244
Well I was suppose to say this yesterday but I forgot
CODE GEASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
need english subs though and the new characters better make up for the lack of Lelouch and C.C action
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 245
AJ what is your current avatar from?

I feel as though I recognize it, yet also that I have no idea what it is

:lolwut:
Reply 246
Original post by Truered

Looks like Lan from Rinne no Lagrange doing the Yandere Yuno pose from Mirai Nikki.
Original post by Truered

It's Lan from Rinne no Lagrange, but parodying a scene from episode 1 of Mirai Nikki. :giggle: [EDIT] Ninja Cara. :zomg:

I've been struggling for animated avatars recently, seems they're not being made as frequently or as quickly for currently airing series as they used to be. :sigh: On the other hand, there's plenty of good static images out there, whether it's from screenshots or fanart. :yes:
Reply 248
I just thought it was Yuno.^
Here's the full size image (or as large a size as TSR will let me post it, anyway).

Spoiler

Apparently there's over 250 parodies of that pose uploaded on the image site I was using alone. :p:
Reply 250
I've not got much to say myself... but surely someone has? Only this thread (and ontopic) seems particularly dead at the moment. :p:

Well, unless I'm in the mood to ramble on about the anime I'm watching, given the lack of feedback I generally receive, it feels kind of redundant. :redface: As for this thread, I don't really have much to say unless people are interested in all of the internal politics I have to put up with at work. :tongue: The only thing that's remotely notable, not that it's of any real interest, is that I'm off to Cape Town in early September, which is getting closer and closer. :biggrin:
Reply 251
I've been struggling for animated avatars recently, seems they're not being made as frequently or as quickly for currently airing series as they used to be. :sigh: On the other hand, there's plenty of good static images out there, whether it's from screenshots or fanart. :yes:

As I've said before, I'm more than happy to make an avatar for anyone here. If there's a particular scene you like and think will work well, just tell me. Obviously, with TSR's file constraints, there's less leeway, but with enough optimisation, it's usually fine. It also doesn't take me that much time, so it's not like I'm being inconvenienced or anything.
Original post by Aiko
As I've said before, I'm more than happy to make an avatar for anyone here. If there's a particular scene you like and think will work well, just tell me. Obviously, with TSR's file constraints, there's less leeway, but with enough optimisation, it's usually fine. It also doesn't take me that much time, so it's not like I'm being inconvenienced or anything.

I remember you offered to do so several times in the past, and appreciate the offer... but I never have any scenes in mind. When I'm watching anime, I don't stop to think what would make a good avatar and what wouldn't. :dontknow: I'd rather just search for a series and see what other people have already made into avatars... it's just a shame that there don't seem to be as many dedicated avatar creators as there used to be. :s:
So... who else here got a PM asking them to vote for an MRLP independent candidate in the TSR HoC elections? :lolwut:
Reply 254
I remember you offered to do so several times in the past, and appreciate the offer... but I never have any scenes in mind. When I'm watching anime, I don't stop to think what would make a good avatar and what wouldn't. :dontknow: I'd rather just search for a series and see what other people have already made into avatars... it's just a shame that there don't seem to be as many dedicated avatar creators as there used to be. :s:

Fair enough. I only ask that people specify a scene because it's unlikely that I would on my own, simply because there's no reason for me to.

So... who else here got a PM asking them to vote for an MRLP independent candidate in the TSR HoC elections? :lolwut:

I did. If I remember to vote, I will. His policies seem sound. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
I did. If I remember to vote, I will. His policies seem sound. :tongue:

I was a little disappointed because I expected the PM to be about anime, from the title, but like you I'll probably vote for him if I remember. I used to be in TSR's MRLP back in 2005-06, I remember PMing people for votes in much the same way, so it brought back memories. :p: But also, free time machines. :excited:
Reply 256

Vote for the MLPFIM candidate instead :yes:

You know, I like his policies, the PM actually got a few chuckles :beard:
Reply 257
Reply 259
Soo I've had enough of the gory disturbing animé - think I've seen all the major ones now. Need to find something action'y - a fairly recent animé though. Haven't seen Naruto or One Piece yet, are they any good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending