Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

North Possible MHoC Meet

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    For future reference, I would like to see how many people are interested in a Northern meet - possibly in Manchester as it is quite well connected via trains.

I wont probably be going I just think it would be good to get some northerners talking
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would preffer one down in London or somewhere else in the SE but hey could be a nice excuse for a little trip
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Would preffer one down in London or somewhere else in the SE but hey could be a nice excuse for a little trip
    There is one in London
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think a north one would be a good idea.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    There is one in London
    If it ever gets off the ground.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is more connected and more central.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester centre has been done up and there is some really nice pubs and things round there
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    Na. People speak north up north.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Na. People speak north up north.
    Believe it or not, you are in fact correct.
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    Believe it or not, you are in fact correct.
    I usually am.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd still say Manchester is in the south of the county :holmes:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I'd still say Manchester is in the south of the county :holmes:
    Are you even connected by rail yet?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you even connected by rail yet?
    Extremely well connected. There's 2 stations in Falkirk, one which serves the Glasgow/Edinburgh line which every train stops at, and the other where you can go to Inverness, London (admittedly I think this is once a day, but you can still get a train to Glasgow/Edinburgh and go there) and also places such as Stirling/Dunblane etc.

Bet you didn't see that one coming
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester centre has been done up and there is some really nice pubs and things round there
    I know its a good night out, but it ain't no place for pubbing. You want pubbing look no further than West Yorkshire. Leeds has some beautiful city centre traditional city centre alleyway pubs, really quaint with real ale and real cider and only regional products.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Extremely well connected. There's 2 stations in Falkirk, one which serves the Glasgow/Edinburgh line which every train stops at, and the other where you can go to Inverness, London (admittedly I think this is once a day, but you can still get a train to Glasgow/Edinburgh and go there) and also places such as Stirling/Dunblane etc.

:getmecoat:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misterxninja)
    I know its a good night out, but it ain't no place for pubbing. You want pubbing look no further than West Yorkshire. Leeds has some beautiful city centre traditional city centre alleyway pubs, really quaint with real ale and real cider and only regional products.
    Not bad
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:

There's a train to London that passes through Falkirk Grahamston although for some really ****ing annoying reason it doesn't stop there. It means I'll soon have to get the train from Falkirk Grahamston to Waverley to go back through FG.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come to hull, no chance of you not getting off at the right stop, end of the line
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    There's a train to London that passes through Falkirk Grahamston although for some really ****ing annoying reason it doesn't stop there. It means I'll soon have to get the train from Falkirk Grahamston to Waverley to go back through FG.
    I'm sure you can still get a train from Grahamston to London direct... I remember I wanted to go to Stirling once and I got on the massive London-Inverness train :lol:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eh, Manchester's still closer to the south of the country than the north of the country...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.