The Student Room Group

how desperate does this message sound?

Hey, I assume you lost your phone which is why you haven't text me ; ) Fancy a drink after work sometime? x

I met him on sat night and he stayed over and we chatted for a long time in the morning, kissed got on really well-haven't met a guy i've liked in sooooooooo long. he took my number and hasn't text, i don't have his number so i was going to send him the message above on facebook. i figure i don't have much to loose as if he doesn't reply its not like i'm going to bump into him, we don't have any mutual friends.

so...guys if you received this message, would you be freaked out! lol i know he's not that into me hence why he didn't text but maybe he might give me a chance if i ask him out

honest but not nasty replies please

Scroll to see replies

Send it.

Let us look at the situation as it stands now. You met this guy by chance on a night out. As you said, it is unlikely that you will bump into him and it is not as if this is a friendship which has been developed over many years.

You send the message - no reply. What have you lost?

It does sound a bit desperate, but who cares? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Reply 2
arghhh its not that desperate
No particular downsides, seems legit.
Reply 4
Makes you seem confident, and I'd assume that most guys like a confident girl. Go ahead. :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
Meh why not. Worst that can happen is he won't reply, which isn't really a big deal.
That sounds a bit too creepy to me - it's like you expect him to have texted you straight away and the only reason that he wouldn't have is because he lost his phone. So it's like you're implying that texting you should have been something that was a priority for him and as he hasn't done it, the only reason was that he couldn't. I mean, maybe he was busy or something. You don't want to sound like he SHOULD have texted you and there was no reason not to.

But as the others have said, you've got nothing to lose by sending it...

If I were you, I'd just start a random chat on FB or just send something asking about how he is.
I personally wouldn't text him. If he wants to talk he'll text. But if you already have, I'm sure you'll even it out somewhere down the line. Good luck!
Reply 8
Please don't message him. If he wanted to contact you he would and it would be easy to do since your friends on Facebook. Also if he had lost his phone I'm sure he would've said.
If he wanted more than that one night with you he would have let you know by now. But he hasn't - so you should move on.
Reply 9
Either move on or send it without the cheesy "I assume you lost your phone bit."

You don't need to acknowledge the fact he hasn't text you: "Hey, I had a nice time the other night, do you fancy going for a drink after work this week?"
Original post by caseyhayes
Either move on or send it without the cheesy "I assume you lost your phone bit."

You don't need to acknowledge the fact he hasn't text you: "Hey, I had a nice time the other night, do you fancy going for a drink after work this week?"

I'd go with this one, no need to mention him not texting.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

This, otherwise nothing to lose.

This one.
As people have said, when a guy wants to see you, you know about it.
Either add him as a friend and leave it, if you are friends then start a chat online. DO NOT mention he hasnt text you.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Send this or something similar, just start a conversation and take it from there.
Woah, give the guy a chance! You met him on Saturday and you posted on Sunday night after staying up with him all Saturday night!

I would send something but not yet. I'd leave it until Thursday or Friday, don't ask if he's lost his phone, whether it's intended as a joke or not it sounds like you're having a go at him. Just send something like 'Hi, it was great to meet you the other night, I had a really good time. Do you fancy going for a drink after work one night?'

Simple, to the point and you've told him you had a good time but you don't sound like you're upset he hasn't text immediately after you met. I really don't get this instantaneous culture, some people on here 'bump' up their threads if they haven't had a reply after about 5 minutes! What's that all about..?!
Reply 15
Original post by SuperCat007
Woah, give the guy a chance! You met him on Saturday and you posted on Sunday night after staying up with him all Saturday night!

I would send something but not yet. I'd leave it until Thursday or Friday, don't ask if he's lost his phone, whether it's intended as a joke or not it sounds like you're having a go at him. Just send something like 'Hi, it was great to meet you the other night, I had a really good time. Do you fancy going for a drink after work one night?'

Simple, to the point and you've told him you had a good time but you don't sound like you're upset he hasn't text immediately after you met. I really don't get this instantaneous culture, some people on here 'bump' up their threads if they haven't had a reply after about 5 minutes! What's that all about..?!

It's just that if I liked someone I would have text him by now, not friends with him on fb only just met him
Reply 16
confused! so do i just send the jokey bit without bit about drink or the drink bit without the joke
Reply 17
Original post by emma t
confused! so do i just send the jokey bit without bit about drink or the drink bit without the joke

"Hey, I had a nice time the other night, do you fancy going for a drink after work this week?"
Original post by emma t
It's just that if I liked someone I would have text him by now, not friends with him on fb only just met him

I has only been about 36 hours (maybe less) since you saw him. It's up to you, but if you're not friends with him anyway and you don't want to look desperate then looking him up then messaging him whatever you say might come across as desperate anyway. Personally I'd give it a few days because who knows what he has been doing since you saw him. He also might be playing the 3 day rule, you never know with men. But give it some time and see what happens, then after a few days or a week if he hasn't text and you're still interested then try to get in touch.
Reply 19
Original post by amime
"Hey, I had a nice time the other night, do you fancy going for a drink after work this week?"

This. But maybe give it a little more time first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending