The Student Room Group

Would you have a relationship with a transgender person?

Poll

Would you have a relationship with a transgender person?

Following the recent thread about whether the NHS should cover the cost of a sex change, I was wondering whether people here would ever have a relationship with an openly transgender person.
I also wonder whether a person's sexuality would affect this e.g would a bisexual be more likely to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I would.
nope
Reply 3
Yep

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003
Reply 4
yes

you should maybe add a poll to this?
Reply 5
Original post by ellieHA
yes

you should maybe add a poll to this?

done
Reply 6
I'd like to think I'm open minded about these types of things but I really don't know :dontknow:
Depends on the situation and where my life is heading, though it would be hard when thinking about having kids.
I'm a straight female, no.
well if they knew what gender they were and stuck with that.. then I might?

Dunno it's hard to say.. are you suggesting a girl should go out with a man who wants to be a woman?
Reply 9
Original post by hannahchan
well if they knew what gender they were and stuck with that.. then I might?

Dunno it's hard to say.. are you suggesting a girl should go out with a man who wants to be a woman?

I'm talking about a woman going out with a man who used to be a woman.
I think it'd have to start in my not knowing for it to be possible. If I knew from the outset that a guy once was a woman, I think I'd be put off sexually.

However, if I didn't know they were, I could probably develop a sexual attraction with them by a sort of reverse-placebo effect, and as such a relationship could take place. Discovering that they're transgenic probably wouldn't make much of a difference at this point.
Reply 11
Nah.
God no :puke:
probably.
Obviously it depends on the person, but just based on them being transgendered, I don't really see why not...
Yes, of course.
Nope
sexy_triangle.jpg
Not going to lie, I have seen a guy turn into a girl(Transgender obv) and he looked sexy, somehow it's built into us :erm:
Original post by Cmmah
I'm talking about a woman going out with a man who used to be a woman.

it's not really a man though is it, it's a woman with a mutilated vagina that dresses like a man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending